Blood Bond-32 The Traitor

Blake and I are walking to the underground prison, and as we are walking, I’m thinking who the traitor. Who ratted us out? Why did that person do it?

        In front us, is a large medieval iron door, with two strigoi guards dressed in armor in front of the door. As soon as they see Blake, they salute and open the door for us. Technically, Blake is the second in command after Samuel, and now that Samuel is gone, I’m pretty sure they view Blake as more of a leader than they view me as a leader. I know that they are shutting their mouths because Blake is in their presence but I’m pretty sure if I was alone, they would deny me access to the cells, even it I am the leader by title.

        When we enter the doors, there are cells all the way across the hall. White walls stretch across, with a little rectangular window with bars on each cell door. Blake leads me to the very end and he motions me forward.

        “This is where the traitor is being kept,” he says as he points towards the cell to my right.

        I don’t know how I’m supposed to face the traitor. Now that I’m a leader, I don’t know what kind of sentence I should give the traitor, I don’t know what kind of punishment.

        “Do I have to punish the traitor?” I ask. I already know the answer.

        He gives me a faint smile. “If you don’t, they won’t know between right and wrong.”

        He unlocks the cell door and opens it. When I see the traitor, my eyes flash open in shock. That’s impossible. She would never betray us, she was like a sister to me.

                                                                              ~.~

        In front of me, is a girl with red-orange hair, with a beautiful face that is now bloodied. It’s Fira. Only now, her face is bloodied and bruised up in several different shades of purple, the corner of her lips are red as if someone burned her. She is dressed in a white plain dress, and her hair is all over the place, as if she just got out of a tornado.

        On instinct, I run over to her, my eyes wide open with worry. “What happened?” I ask, examining her wounds. Her arms are full of slash marks, as if someone had whipped her.

        She doesn’t say anything, her eyes don’t leave the ground. I grab onto her shoulders, shaking her, hoping to get a reaction out of her.

        “Fira! Fira!” I say frantically. When I shake her, she flops like a fish, she doesn’t respond. It’s as if her senses are dulled, as if she is numb.

        “Call a Medic!” I say to Blake. Her eyes are blank, as if there is nothing going on inside her mind. Then suddenly, her jaw drops open, her lips parting. I turn back to Blake, expecting a Medic to be with him by now but he just stands there, unmoving.

        “Why didn’t you call a Medic? Can’t you see there’s something wrong with her?” I yell at him, gripping Fira’s shoulder tighter.

        He gives me a tired look. “Traitors don’t get medical attention,” he says, his tone flat with no sympathy.

        “She’s not a traitor. Get a Medic!” I yell even louder, with a more commanding tone. Top priority is getting Fira healed physically.

        “I won’t. Traitors don’t get medical attention,” he replies with an unreadable expression.

        Frustration overcomes me. “I, as the leader of the strigois, order you to get a Medic, right now,” I command furiously. My eyes blaze dangerously as they lock onto Blake.

        He doesn’t even flinch, but his expression turns dark. “Liana, I’m telling you, don’t do this. If you do this, you will ruin your chances of getting accepted by the people. I will not let you ruin those chances,” he says sharply to me.

        I glare at him and get up. “Fine, don’t get a Medic then. I will,” I say as I start to run past him.

        He grabs my wrist tightly, so tight that it starts to hurt but I don’t dare show. I kick backwards at him, my legs swing back as if doing a split sideways but he simply lowers his head and grabs my other wrist.

        Never grab the wrists of any girl. They will not like it. Wrong move, Blake. I slash out at him, stepping on his toes. He clenches his jaws, not yelling out in pain. But despite not yelling in pain, his grip of my wrists loosens. With that, I’m able to kick his chest, sending him crashing towards the wall.

        Knowing Blake, he will rebound as soon as he hits the wall. So, while he’s crashing into the wall, I’m already in front of him, both hands at his throat. Even though I’m only a little bit above his shoulder, I’m faster than him. My hands tighten around his throat, making his neck unable to move, but still allow him to breathe a bit.

        “I’ll leave you conscious if you let me go to the Medic quietly,” I say to him softly.

        He only smirks. Then I feel his arm go around my waist and he pushes me down, on the floor. I try not to let my hands leave his neck but the fall hurt, a lot. I shut my eyes to allow the pain settle within me, my back stings with pain. When I open my eyes, Blake is on top of me. Then I notice that he has hold of both of my wrists, and that he has successfully pinned me to the ground.

        “Let go of me,” I say sharply, my words full of venom.

       “I don’t like it when you’re this angry, because you make irrational decisions when you’re this angry,” he replies, with a hint of impatience to his voice.

        “Then tell me what’s wrong with Fira. What happened to her, why is she labeled as traitor?” I ask impatiently.

        “Do you promise not to run off if I let you go?” he asks.

        “Do you think I want to be knocked to the ground again?” I reply, in an annoyed tone.

        He releases his grip on my wrists but his eyes never leave me, as if he thinks that I am going to run off again. Really, I think I’ve gotten a tad bit smarter. I do not want to be knocked down again.

        “What happened to Fira?” I ask.

        “She turned herself in.”

        My eyes widen. I stare at Blake, doubtfully. “Turned herself in for what?”

        “For ratting us out.”

        “Why did she do it?” I ask. Fira isn’t the type to betray others.

        “I don’t know. She said the only person she would tell was you,” Blake replies.

        “Then what happened to her body?” Those marks on her body, were certainly not battle marks. Fira could hold herself just fine.

        “What happens to traitors in the strigoi headquarters?” he asks. I already know, they get tortured.

        “Then why is she in such a blank state?” I ask.

      “She swallowed a pill after the investigation team tried to force her to answer them. I’m guessing she’ll only stay like this for a few more hours, you’ll get your chance to talk to her.”

        I bite my lip. “I’ll stay with her. You can leave now.”

        Blake merely gives me a glance and nods. As he walks out the cell, he shuts the door.

-----

Author's note:  Honestly, school is killing me. Really, it is. :/