Blood Bond-14 Sacrifice

We rush into the doorway quickly and I find us cornered with several strigois peering down on us. There must be at least over ten strigois, and they expected us even before we entered the doorway. There is no chance in it the world that we will be able to escape here in one piece, or moreover escape here alive.

        “Wow, great plan Blake. You just sent us a death wish,” I whisper to Blake. We turn our backs so that each of our backs are touching one another and then we draw out our daggers and guns.

        “We’ll probably die here, It was nice meeting you all,” one of Marcie’s officers whisper to us. Is this really the end? Are we really going to die here and end our life?

        “No. We’re not going to die here. I can use the last of my abilities,” Marcie whispers to me. Then she pulls up her sleeves to show me her tattoos again. The first time I saw these tattoos it was simple, beautiful but simple. Now that I see it in front of me again, I could tell it had grown. The simple lines spread out into complex lines and designs. It covers her whole arm now, before it only covered a small fraction of her arm.

        I tap on Marcie’s arm gently and give her a threatening look. “Don’t you dare Marcie,” I whisper to her and then I pause. A strigoi clears her throat and leaps down from a ten foot tall box. Now I remember, they were and still are watching us.

        “Allow me if you may, to introduce myself. I’m Pet,” Pet says as she walks towards us. She is absolutely stunning, despite her hollow and pale face, I can tell she was a beauty in the past. With her orange ringlets and he long eyelashes, she represented someone I once saw. Her lines are delicate but her eyes are cold and hard.

        “Traitor,” one of Marcie’s officers hiss at her.

        Pet chuckles and curls her fingers into a ball, her red long fingernails slightly brushing the sides of her cheeks. “And who may you be I ask?” Pet smiles.

        “How sad Pettia, you don’t even recognize your own comrade’s face,” Marcie says as she emerges from behind me.

        Pet shoot her eyes at Marcie, a glare so frightening that it could slice a leaf in half. “Ex-comrade. No one has ever called me Pettia in a while, maybe a few years? Oh Marcie, Marcie, Marcie. Do you miss me Hun?” Pet says while smiling but there was nothing kind in her smile.

        “I miss the fact that I could have killed you when I should have a few years back,” Marcie replies to Pet.

        “Who’s Pettia?” I whisper to Blake.

        “Pettia Cross, now known as Blood Maiden Pet. A former leader just like me but then she turned to the side of strigois,” Blake answers me flatly and loudly.

        “Oh dear, Blake! I almost forgot about you! You’ve grown so much, look at your gorgeous face! It’s been so long since I’ve seen you!” Pet exclaims.

        “We’re not here for chit-chat Pet. We’re here for business, and you know it,” Blake says.

        “Oh, dear me. Please excuse me, I have an offer to make. Give me the mixed blood,” Pet says. Her gaze turns towards me, it’s the first time she’s noticed me.

        “We don’t know what you’re talking about,” Blake answers.

        “Blake, don’t play dumb with me. You’re very, very clever but unfortunately I’ve lost interest the moment I lost my morality,” Pet answers coldly.

        Immediately, Marcie crouches to the ground and presses her hand against the ground. Her tattoos spread out in all directions, I would have been fascinated if it wasn’t for the many strigois also staring at the tattoo designs. When the tattoos reach the end of the walls, red beams of blood shoot out from each circle in the design and strigois shriek in pain as they try to figure it what is going on. Then I start to notice the blood is from the strigois. Marcie is doing it again!