Blood Bond-12 Memories Long Gone

I'm going in battle now, or so I was informed by Blake. He gave me a black slim suit that fits me perfectly, along with pads and some daggers, blades, knives, and a gun. I guess that's the battle "uniform" we're supposed to wear. It's really easy to move in and there's nothing that's difficult to handle like a dress.

     I sigh, tomorrow's the day I head out to battle. Marcie is supposed to teach me but the woman leader told me there is no more time to practice. I get my bag from my closet and throw it on my bed, splattering the contents of the bag out. Everything in the bag reminded me of before I was brought here. The lip gloss, make up, combs and camera containing all the photos and fun times I had with Melanie. Oh, how I miss those times now. I begin to cry, tears falling down my cheeks, dripping on my bed sheets. I still couldn't believe Blake killed Melanie, part of me wanted to hate him for him and the other part didn't want to believe him. And now I'm going to war, a chance of dying, a chance of never living my life again.

     I cover my eyes with the palm of my hands and lie on the bed sobbing. Then I hear a knock on the door, I turn around to see Blake standing by the door looking at my shocked. I quickly rub my tears away from my eyes and look at him. I must look ridiculous right now, with red puffy cheeks and tear stained eyes. He continues to look at me as if studying him, which really pissed me off even more.

     "What?" I growl at him. Then I see a spark in his eyes.

     "Are you sure you're ready for the battle?" he asks gently. I know he cares about me but still it pisses me off that he treats me like I'm something fragile, that I can't take care of myself which I can.

     "Does anything change if I tell you?" I reply. Then, I grab my make up supplies and throw them against the wall.

     His eyes widen and then he looks at me again. He walks over and sits on my bed beside me and says, "No...but it's fine for you to talk to me."

     I give out a cold laugh and say, "Yea. Like I can trust you again and get hurt." Then I touch my camera gently, all my wonderful memories are in here. I can't ever let that disappear.

     His eyes turns hard and serious and he touches my camera gently. I know he didn't mean any harm but for some reason I feel panic and fear consumes me. Immediately I jump from the bed, clenching my camera and walk five feet away from him. I start to shake and I just can't stop shaking. Liana! Stop shaking, you're so much better and stronger than this!

     I'm just so scared someone or something else important it taken from me, I can't lose anything else that is close to me. I just don't feel safe anymore, hopelessness washes over me and tears starts to swell up in my eyes. I can't cry! Not in front of Blake, he'll only think of me as a weakling! I fall to the ground still clenching my camera and tears flowed from my cheeks and onto the ground.

     He flinches to see me crying again and he stays still on the bed. Then he stands up from the bed and walks towards me, bending down when he's beside me. He gently touches my shoulder and he hugs me lightly. Both of his arms are around my shoulders and he rests his chin on my head.

     "It's okay. Shh...everything's going to be fine. Shh..." he says softly to me, his words caressing me. My shaking stops after a few moments and I begin to breath normally again.

     His words are gentle and soft and for a moment I forget about everything. Then, I remember what Blake has done to me in the past and what he did to Melanie. But...is it okay if I give him one last chance? Is it alright to trust him one last time? I'm just scared of getting broken again, of getting hurt.

     "Get away from me!" I shriek at him, finally realizing that he's hugging me. I try to push him away but he only grabs my wrists with a worried expression on his face.