Blood Bond-4 The New World

------------

        When I wake up, I see Arnold sitting on a chair beside me. As I try to sit up, a wave a nausea sweeps over me. Dizziness takes over me as I lurch onto the bed. 

       "Whoa, whoa," he says softly. "Take it easy." I steady myself against the bedframe and look at him. 

       "Where's Blake?" I ask.

       "He's busy. You seemed to have fainted from exhaustion. He told me to tell you about the war," Arnold replies.

       I nod in understanding. 

       "First off, there are strigois who exist in the world. They feed off others, killing others."

     "So they drink the blood of others and kills them?" I ask the man. After hearing Blake call him Arnold, I'm going to assume he is Arnold then.

     "The blood that they drink is in another dimension and they can draw the blood from the other dimension anytime," a voice says, and then I notice it was the girl beside Arnold.

     "And we have to stop them, right?" I ask her.

     "Yes," she answers.

     "Do they have to drink blood to live? Can't they do eat something else?" I ask.

     "It's not that easy, once us, the blood manipulators get a taste of what blood tastes like it's addictive. Drinking blood for us gives us more agility, stamina, and of course strength. In the beginning of time there were two races, the strigoi and the moroi. But the moroi have slowly begun to turn into strigoi through the strigoi's influence. Born strigoi have to drink blood, it's the way they live," she replies.

     "Do you get it now girl? We need as many people on our side as possible. They overpower us by a lot. The government can't do anything because they don't know we exist, we are different. Even if they did know,  they'll probably treat us like insane animals and lock us in cages. They assume the death of people are by accidents because those strigois make it look like accidents. If we don't do anything to stop them, more people will die," Arnold says.

     "And so you had to use force to bring me here?" I accuse them.

     "You wouldn't come here otherwise. It was the only way to bring you here. There was also a chance that they would turn you into one of them," Blake replies.

      "Wait. I thought someone could only become a strigoi if they drink the blood of a human," I ask. This was getting a bit confusing.

      Arnold sighs and says, "Yes. But there are several methods in twisting that rule. They could force feed human blood into your mouth."

      That's horrible, the thought of drinking human blood disgusts me.

      "So how many people are on our side?" I ask.

      "Roughly about one hundred in this city. There are some still making their way here because they come from the other side of the country," Blake replies.

       I look at Arnold, Blake and the girl. They all look human but they are not. There's this strange distinction between humans and blood manipulators. I look at my bandaged leg and begin to unwrap it. Blake seems alarmed when I take off my bandages and Arnold pats his shoulder. As I unwrap my bandages I find that most of my leg is healed, without scars. Well, at least this part is normal. I was always able to heal faster than anyone.

      The girl looks at Arnold as I lift my head up and she says, "Is this why she's so special?"

      Arnold's eyes widen but he stays silent. His face pale and he squeezes the girl's hands.