Blood Bond-9 I'm Sorry

I burst into the room where Blake is at and I gasp for air as I enter. Blake doesn't move or flinch, he just stays there silent. Watching me closely.

     He cocks his eyebrows and asks, "Anything I can do for you?"

      I continue to gasp for air and catch my breath. What am I doing here in the first place? My feet automatically ran over here by themselves. I look around the hospital room, pretty normal for a hospital room. A white sheet covered bed and mattress, a light brown wooden table with a vase on it. Then, my eyes fall upon Blake. His hair is ruffled slightly, probably bed hair and he's wearing a white clean shirt. Then I see bandages wrapped around his arms and shoulders, practically every part of his body.

     "Err...umm.." I try to say but fail.

     "You know what Liana, I think it's best if we don't even talk to each other anymore," he replies without even listening to me. Then his gaze turns from me to the vase without a flower in it.

     I don't want to leave yet, I feel like I have to do something. I stand there not moving and Blake seems disturbed by my presence.

     He wrinkles his eyebrows and stares at me while I stare back at him.

     "Um...I-I'm sorry for leaving by myself," I stutter, trying to find the right words. Truthfully I wasn't really sorry but I felt like I needed to talk to him.

     "You're sorry?" he asks me. It is clear he is baffled by my apology.

     I nod and he continues to stare at me, not moving at all. He's probably just waiting for the moment until I say 'tricked you!' but I'm not going to do that. Then when he realizes that my apology was serious he starts to laugh. My face flushes red and now I'm embarrassed. I apologized and this is how he treats me?

     "If you're going to laugh at me then I'm leaving!" I say to him, my voice rising slowly. Then I began to walk out the room until he grabs my arm, making me halt to a stop. I could easily shake his hand off because he is very much weakened in his state but I didn't. Instead, I turn around and still find him laughing at me.

     "I'm sorry Liana," he says, still laughing then continues, "it's just so funny. You rarely ever apologize, actually I take that book. You never apologized to me!"

      I give him the if-you-keep-talking-I'll-kill-you kind of look. He immediatly shuts up.

     "Anyways, what made you apologize?" he asks me.

     "No reason," I immediately reply.

     "You sure? No reason? Hmm..." he replies then pauses, "do you still remember? We used to play in the gardens when we were younger?"

     Gardens? I was never allowed to leave my cage and I'm pretty sure I only ever communicated with Blake in the cage. I give him a puzzled look.

     His smile curves into a frown then he falls silent.

     "You don't remember?" he asks then he furrows his eyebrows and smacks his forehead. "Ah, of course you don't...not after..."

     "After what may I ask?" I ask him, clearly confused of what he is talking about.

     "Never mind...there's no way..." he starts again, this time it seems like he's muttering to himself.

     Now he was really getting me a little bit confused. I do not remember any garden of any sort from six years ago...before I got captured I only remember very vaguely that my parents were here one day, and the next day they were gone. However, that was when I was very little. I remember pearls, beads, ribbons, laces and lights surrounding the house-it was a beautiful sight. Then, I remember the tattoo on his shoulder.

     "That tattoo on your shoulder..." I say to him.

     He looks at his shoulder which was covered with his shirt. Then he turns to me and stares at me.

     "You stripped me naked and looked at my body parts?" he asks.

     My face flushed red and I reply, "No! Of course not! I just happened to see it when your clothes were ripped from the monster we encountered!"

     Then he bursts into a laugh again making my red flush into a even darker shade of red. My head's hot of embarrassment.

     "Are you curious about this tattoo?" he asks me.

     I nod in return.

     "My father branded it on me, basically claiming ownership of me. But...after I left he's off to where the blood suckers are," he replies.

     Then my gaze falls onto his arms wrapped in clean white bandages.

     "What happened to your...body?" I ask him, my voice full of worry.

     He unwraps his bandages and replies, "Oh this? This is just injuries left from another strigoi that I passed by. Oh yea, I--,"

     "You what?" I ask.

     He shakes his head. "I'll rather not say it," he replies.

     I purse my lips. "Tell me what you were going to say," I press on, demanding him.

     He scratches the back of his head. "Well, your friend...she's injured. I found her covered in blood, though there's really nothing---."

     My eyes widen and I panic. "And you didn't bring her here?"

     "You know...if you are spotted by a strigoi and the strigoi leaves you unharmed...it would mean that--" he starts to say.

     "No! You're lying! She absolutely couldn't be turned! She's human!" I shout at him.

     "As long as my father lives, it's possible," he replies calmly.

     "So you mean it's true!? It's true that she's a strigoi?!" I shout at him, getting angrier and angrier by the second.

     He only looks at me with fire in his eyes, he was clearly angry that I had accused him.

     "Yes, she was a strigoi," he snaps.

     "Then what did you do to her?" I ask him, not shouting anymore but my voice still very loud.

      "What do you think we do to strigois? We exterminate them."

      I can not believe that Melanie, my most trusted friend had died by the hands of Blake.

     "You piece of!" I shout at him then I send a vase flying in his direction, smashing against the side his hand as he tried to block it.

     "Liana!" I hear him shout behind me as I rush out of the room, tears streaming down my face.

     Right now, I don't know what to do anymore. I don't know anything. Melanie was my best friend, a wonderful and caring person who cared about others. Now, she's gone.

-------