Blood Bond-23 You Can't Hit Me

I slump aganist the wall until I remember something. The creature! I quickly run out of the room and use the elevator, appearing in the ballroom. I see blood splattered all over the walls like it was a few hours ago. However, now I only see strigois wiping the blood off and no sign of the creature is present.

     Then, I hear Pet barking out orders. "Clean off this miss Parissa. You, inform everyone that everything is under control."

     I slowly walk over to Pet and ask her, "Did anything else happen?"

     Pet gives a cold laugh and says, "You're in a hot mess. First of all, you ran off and stole our property, and then you beat up these guys and get reported onto the news, and guess what? The whole strigoi headquarter searched for you."

     A sting of guilt hits me. It's true I did steal their car but the guards didn't stop me, they understood. However, I did violate the rules, and they welcomed me in warm hands. I just keep doing reckless things again and again, without understanding the consequences. I just needed a break that time.

     "I'm sorry," I reply, truly meaning every word.

     Her face softens and she says, "It's not me who you should apologize to. Talk to Samuel, he has plans for you."

     I gulp at that thought. I have never faced Samuel's wrath nor do I want to. He seems like a formidable opponent, a great ruler but I don't know him well enough to decided whether or not he is ruthless.

     Her gaze flickers down my clothes. "Get changed squirt," is all she says.

     And just like that, I find myself up in my room. Quickly, I quickly take off my blood stained black gown and put on clean clothes. Then a maid comes in.

    "You are by far, the most reckless person I've met!" Samuel shouts at me. Angry clearly blazing in his eyes.

     Now let me remind myself why I'm here in the first place. I don't know what came over me but I drove the car out of the headquarters, caused a commotion at a coffee shop, and had the whole headquarters search for me. Shortly after Blake left, Pet told me to meet Samuel and this leaves us back where we were.

     I look at my shoes, all trying to avoid his furious gaze. I do admit I was being careless when I drove the car out, it probably gave away my location to the tainted and moroi.

     "Samuel, she's only a kid still," Blake tries to console Samuel but fails. Samuel only gets angrier.

     "Are you kidding me? She's going to inherit the throne in two years! She can't be like this!" Samuel roars, making the other guards around us flinch.

     "She did stop the beast," Blake adds in, trying to defend me.

     "Okay, here let's put it this way. Brave and strong? I'll give you that. But intelligent? Definitely not. She basically stole our property and gave away our location!" Samuel shouts.

     "They already knew because they sent the creature after me!" I exclaim, defending for myself.

     Samuel and Blake's eyes both fall upon me and I suddenly feel extremely uncomfortable. Having the two strongest people with the most authority look at me is truly a terrifying experience.

     "The creature doesn't belong to anyone. It's free. All beasts that have a blood bond to them are free. No on can control them, that creature most likely just ran in here out of fear. We have released him," Samuel replies coldly.

     Relief washes over me. At least I know the creature is free, and safe hopefully. But when I meet Samuel's gaze I start to have second thoughts, for me. I am definitely not in the safe zone right now, he looks like he's about to kill me and eat my heart for breakfast.