Chapter 43. Liam

Lydia's POV

Lyric get's us on a plane to go from Chicago Illinois to Madison Wisconsin where Liam now is. When we arrive we're told Liam is in the ICU for burns and oxygen problems.

We get up to the ICU quickly Winter is there. "Oh my god thank god you're here." I whisper running towards her and embracing her tightly she has Lyle beside her.

"How is he?" Lyric asks Winter worriedly.

"He's gonna make it he has third degree burns on his right shoulder and his left hip though." Winter says softly.

"Jesus Christ." Lyric mumbles bowing his head into his hands and rubbing his face.

"Excuse me which one of you are related to Liam Starr?" A doctor asks.

"I am he's um my little brother." I say impatiently tears rolling down my cheeks.

"You got a tough little brother, he nearly didn't make it due to the inhalation of smoke it was close. Lydia there are police here to speak with you then you may go back and see your brother." The doctor says gently. "He is awake."

"Oh thank god." I whisper. I turn around and there is two police men standing in the waiting room I grab Lyric's hand and pull him to the police officers.

"Hello." The police say. "I'm officer Brock and this is my partner officer James." The officer says he appears to be in his thirties maybe a bit older same as the other man. "We understand  that Liam is your brother?"

"Yes." I answer.

"Lydia what can you tell us about this man." Brock asks showing me a picture of a man with dark brown hair and grey highlights I take a deep breath and sigh. 

"He is my father." I admit. "Liams father as well, he was born and raised in New York City my parents went to college together he became a lawyer. My father didn't want kids after my mom had me he began using drugs and drinking became extremely abusive threatened to kill all three of us. My mother got scared and she ran away with us we were on the run for a while and then we moved in with my grandma Greta." I admit. "Are they both dead?" I cry.

"I'm sorry but your grandmother and mother did pass away their burns and the smoke was just to severe it was lucky the firefighters even got your brother out it nearly killed one firefighter saving him." Brock explains. "The neighbors called it in not only that an alarm at the house  had been triggered when it started."

The alarm that Lyric had installed. 

"The neighbors described this man running from the scene and we have been looking for him, we're FBI agents your father has been on the run for large embezzlement and a murder of another lawyer female about 34 years of age." Brock explains.

"Did you catch him?" I ask.

"Sort of." The cop admits. "He led us on a high speed chase and he lost control of the car your father died from injuries due to the car accident. We just wanted to confirm your identity and see if you thought he would have done this?" 

"I wouldn't doubt it one bit especially if he was in the area he'd tried killing us in a house fire before we took off out of New York City." I explain. "Can I keep my brother the-they're not gonna give him to foster care will they?" I ask.

"It'll have to go to court Miss Starr but you can see him we assume you pose no threat to him." Brock says.

"Of course not." I shake my head. "I understand."

"Get a lawyer maybe." Brock says. "Being that you're so young."

The police walk away, my legs shake under the unbelievable weight I feel. Part of me is relieved my father is dead, part of me is scared because of Liam, mom, Greta don't get me wrong my mom is not an award winning mom but she didn't beat us.

Lyric catches me before I fall to the floor. "Shh it's okay baby we'll get him." Lyric says holding me against his chest and rubbing my back. "I promise." He says kissing my head. "Let's just go see him okay?"

I nod in agreement and he holds onto me as we walk through the ICU

****************

I filed for custody of my brother Liam and today is the day we find out if we get him or not, he has been with CPS for 3 miserable weeks and I've only been aloud visitation.

It angers me, they want to be sure Lyric and I are not a threat to him which is just fucking ridiculous. I think Lyric was scared that I'd be angry with him for what had happened to Liam but I'm not, how could I be? 

Lyric showed me what was most important to him the second he walked off that stage. Lyric drives us to the courthouse and rubs my thigh. 

"Relax baby, we're gonna get him. They've got absolutely no fucking reason not to give to us." Lyric says sternly.

"You used cocaine." I point out.

"Once that they know of, besides the can drop me if they want to." Lyric says and snorts.

"I know that babe but it still doesn't look good." I tell him.

"Fine but I was never charged with anything ever." He points out.

"Cause you got away with it because you're a rockstar." I snort.

He rolls his eyes. "Which means I got money thats a good reason right there to hand him over."

I laugh at that one we get out of the big truck and head up to the courthouse. When we get in we have to wait for others to get out of the court room.

We head in and sit down it's Lyric and I filing for custody or even 'adoption' of Liam. The judge comes out and we're asked to rise.

"You may be seated." She says.

I begin to shake my legs nervously until Lyric reaches under the table grabbing it and stopping it. 

"Alright Lyric Storm and Lydia Starr after going over everything I have came to a decision on Liam, I do think that it would be in his best interest to be with his sister so I am here by granting you both custody half Lyrics half Lydia's. I understand that it's Lyric with the income but you reside together and are expecting a baby?" The judge asks.

"That's correct your honor." I say in a shaky voice.

"Lyric you understand if Lydia and you separate it makes you half responsible for Liam you'll in that case have to pay child support unless you have him." The judge explains.

"It's not something we're concerned about but I understand that." Lyric says  sternly. 

"Lydia you were also granted by the state of New York as next of kin to your father's assets the house was auctioned along with his belongings and you are being awarded 3.5 Million dollars, I hereby give Lyric Storm and Lydia Starr custody with the options of adoption of Liam Starr court is adjourned."

A/N: WOOOOHOOOOOO HAPPY ENDING! I lied I'm writing an epilogue but after that it's over.