Chapter 37. May

Lyric's POV

It's the beginning of May, I only have three more concerts left I won't have anymore for three weeks though so I decided to come home. It's hard to believe that Lydia and I have been split up for over two months now, it feels longer then that.

Being home doesn't feel close to the same thing it doesn't feel like home at all. Things have grown tense between my sister and I but I do still talk to her maybe just not the same as I used too.

I found out that Lyle and Winter are surprisingly still together. Maybe he does care about her, but that doesn't make what they did right going behind my back like they did.

It has not been easy at all Lyle was my best friend like all my fucking life. Winter told me Lydia got a job at Walmart, I admit I laughed at that a little bit. Though when she started talking about her and I, I blew her off said I didn't want to talk about it.

I miss her so bad I still love her so much, loving someone isn't just something you get over. I don't know if I will ever get over her she was my first love I really thought she was it for me. Sometimes I think about going to see her just to see how she's doing I've nearly got in my car a thousand times just to go see her.

Not to mention I drove by her house like three times too and I've only been home for a day. I've been giving my mom a lot of money to take care of my siblings, kind of weird that I have to take care of my own siblings. I promised Winter I would go to her graduation as well and I know it'll be Lydia's graduation too.

I'm gonna have to see her eventually maybe I should jus-

My train of thought is cut off by the doorbell, I sigh and get off the couch lazily I open the door up slightly. 

Holy fuck...

I stumble backwards in shock it's Lydia but she's changed, is she...

No...

"Hi." She breathes. "I um heard you were home and I wanted to bring you this-" She comes into the house shuts the door behind her, and makes her way to me. She grabs my hand and sets a pair of keys in them. She reaches into her pocket pulling something silver and shiny out setting it in my hand. 

I look down only to realize it's the keys to the BMW, and the necklace I bought her I swallow hard and look up at her. My eyebrows knitted together, it's hard to focus on that when I've got a much more pressing question.

"Lydia I don't want the car back you keep it, I don't want the neckla-" She cuts me off.

"I don't want it Lyric." She says in a shaky voice. "It's just a horrible reminder of something that was and I don't want to be reminded."

I clench my jaw and look away from her. "Lyds it doesn't have to be-" She cuts me off again.

"Lyric you wanted it over I'm not going to keep things that came from you. It's hard enough not to think about you with three different reminders following me everywhere I go. I've got enough problems right now." She says.

I bite my lip and look down at her stomach. "Three?" I ask in a hoarse voice. "You're pregnant." I breath.

When she doesn't speak I look up into her eyes. "After what you said to me the last time I tried to speak to you, I didn't know how to tell you. I asked Winter not to say anything I thought maybe you wouldn't want it because you certainly don't want me. Nobody has to know Lyric, I can lie and say that I cheated on you I can look like the bad guy I'll do that for you but I'm keeping my baby." She says wrapping her arms around her stomach and backing away from me.

"So it is mine?" I ask her. 

"Who's else would it be?" She asks sarcastically.

"Kevins?" I ask.

"I'm not far along enough for it to be Kevin's and I haven't been with anyone since you. My due date matches up to the night of my birthday roughly so..." She trails off. "Look I have to go your sister is waiting for me...

I'm so stunned by the fact that she's carrying my baby that I don't speak I let her walk right out the door, I let her walk out on me...

Did I just let her believe that I don't want the baby? That's ridiculous of course I still want the baby!

**********

Lydias POV

"What did he say about the baby?" Winter asks me.

"He just asked if it was his. I don't think he much cares he was surprised I suppose. But when I told him I wouldn't tell anyone it was his he didn't argue." I say to my best friend letting the sadness color my tone.

I'd had every intention to tell Lyric about the baby but I was also scared to tell him afraid hed push abortion onto me.

I'm more afraid of having to live with the regret and guilt of killing my baby then I am raising it or figuring out how to care for it.

I'd managed to get a license but now I have no car. Winter takes me back and forth to I haven't drove the car since we broke up.

The baby is enough of a reminder of him and it hurts. It kills me everyday not to see or talk to him it took every ounce of courage I had to go see him today.

Winter and Nadia still want something to do with the baby and I wont deny them of that. However I have considered moving away.

"Thanks for the ride." I tell her.

"Anytime." She says as I get out of her car.

I head into my house, my grandma greets me my mother is upstairs passed out from drinking all night the night before. Liam comes in and smiles at me I kiss his cheek then head upstairs to my bedroom.

A/N: SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!