Chapter 13. Secrets

Lyric's POV

I'm sitting up on my bed staring at the lyrics I'd wrote. There's a soft knock on my bedroom door. "Come in." I call.

The door opens but I don't look up to see who it is.

"Hey." Lydia says, I look up surprised to see her in my room she tends to avoid me if she can. "Your sister passed out and I'm not tired.." She says nervously and bites down on her lip.

"You can come in, shut the door." I tell her.

She does and then comes over crawling onto my bed, she looks down at the paper in front of me I grab my beer and take a sip of it. She eyes my beer "want one?" I ask.

She shrugs but nods. I go over to the little fridge in the bedroom and grab her one when I turn around she's picking my guitar up and setting it in her lap.

I walk over slowly confused at what she's doing, she looks up at me but then back down takes a deep breath and closes her eyes. She start's playing a song, one that I recognize it sounds like Joan Jett's version of Love hurts.

She stops playing and looks back up at me I'm frozen standing on the side of the bed staring at her like a creep... smooth Lyric.

Just when I thought I couldn't possibly like her anymore then I already do, she goes and does some shit like that...

I lick my lips, her gaze falls to my lips but then she looks away nervously. "Why didn't you tell me you played?" I ask her. 

She shrugs. "You never asked."

"You sing too?" I ask.

"In the shower if that counts." She says pursing her lips.

I laugh and shake my head as I crawl onto the bed and hand her the beer.

"You really got stage fright?" I ask her.

She nods. "I got picked on really bad back in New York was kind of a chubby kid had glasses and braces for a while. I did a concert once in elementary school and the other kids boo'd me through paper wads at me and it stuck with me." She shrugs.

"So you're one of them kids that was geeky when younger and grew up to be sexy as hell, that's awesome." I laugh. 

"Oh my god." She mumbles blushing and looking away biting her lip to keep from laughing.

"I'm just being honest." 

"Sometimes you might be to honest." She points out.

I laugh, she may be right.

"Sing for me?" I ask.

She shakes her head quickly her long curly brown hair shaking out around her. "Absolutely not." 

"Come on it's just me." I shrug.

"You make me nervous." She says softly.

"Oh I am willing to bet I make you much more then just nervous." I smirk.

She rolls her eyes. "Can I ask you something?" She asks.

"You just did." I point out.

She arches an eyebrow.

"You can ask doesn't mean I'll have an answer for you." I tell her.

"The cocaine overdose, was it true did you really do that or was it a seizure?" She asks.

"Now why would I tell you the answer to that when you can't even be straight with me?" I ask her irritated that she'd ask me that when she won't ever tell me shit. So far I've told her much more then she has me.

"Wow." She says looking away. "I'll take that as a yes."

"You take it however you want, I won't argue what you want to assume. Just know that sometimes assuming things can make you look like an ass." I tell her. "Which I mean you are a bit of an ass so isn't surprising I suppose." I say getting off the bed slamming my beer and grabbing another one.

"It's not like I'm gonna tell." She whispers.

"It's not like I'd tell anyone what Kevin has on you but you just assume that I will right?" I ask.

"That's different." She argues standing on my bed crossing her arms defensively.

"It isn't any fucking different Lyds you just can't admit that you are a fucking hypocrite!" I yell at her.

She drops her head walks to the edge of the bed and jumps off. She walks straight up to me and looks me dead in the eye. "If I tell you, you would try something stupid and maybe get us both into trouble. It is different, look at what you have done already you nearly beat him up for grabbing my arm to tightly. I could just imagine what you'd do if you found out what he had on me." She whispers. "Leave it alone Lyric it's best for both of us."

She turns and walks out the door, I run my hands through my hair in irritation. Truth is I don't want her not to trust me, I don't want her to think I have something to hide because I don't. I go to the bedroom door and walk out after her I head down the stairs and out the back door.

She's standing there looking up at the stars I walk up behind her pressing my front to her back she straightens up and looks up at me. "It's pretty out here at night." She whispers.

"Beautiful." I whisper back looking in her eyes, naturally I meant her not so much out here.

She smiles but it doesn't touch her eyes she looks back up at the sky. "Sometimes I wish I could just leave, go somewhere and start over. When I'm eighteen I might, to get away from everyone but then I'd almost feel guilt for leaving Liam."

"Is Liam your brother?" I ask her.

"Yeah he's six years old almost seven, he doesn't understand. My grandma's name is Greta, and my mom's name is Stephanie." She says softly.

"Everyone wonders sometimes what it'd be like to start over again." I tell her. "There isn't a situation that is impossible to get out of though Lyds it may take time but not impossible not if you really want it." I tell her.

She sighs. "I'm working on it." 

I don't push the subject, I know she knows I was referring to Kevin. "It's true." I whisper.

She looks up at me in confusion. "What?" She asks.

"The cocaine overdose, it's true." I admit.

A/N: What ya think so far guys? VOTE COMMENT