Chapter 7. Chemistry.

Lyric's POV

I pull her into the dark room I can still see her face from the lights pouring through the window from the party downstairs and outside. 

"Why do you keep letting him do this to you?" I ask her softly, I'm still angry at Kevin but I can't get angry at her.

"He is just drunk Lyric, I'm used to it it's okay." She says looking away from me.

"Right, then why don't you look me in the eye and say that shit?" I ask her, she looks up at me surprised.

"Why do you care? I'm nothing to you." She hisses. 

For some reason that stings I drop her arm like she had electrocuted me, I see regret cloud her eyes as soon as the words escape her mouth. Truth is I'm not sure why I care, she's right if she wants to destroy her life or let him destroy it, it shouldn't bother me, except that it does.

"Does he hit you?" I ask her.

"No." She says shaking her head looking down at the floor.

"You need to get rid of him before he does." I tell her.

"I can't!" She yells at me angrily, her eyes grow wide and she throws a hand over her mouth. "J-just stay the hell away from me." She cries she spins around throws the door open walks out and slams it shut.

I run my hands over my face, what the fuck... 

Suddenly the door swings in it's Sydney, shit.

"Hey I been looking for you." She smiles walking over to me shutting the door behind her. I clench my jaw when she runs her hands up my chest.

She stands on her toes and presses her lips to mine, this has got to stop...

She pushes me down onto the bed and climbs on top of me, I let her kiss me and I don't even know why because I don't feel nothing for her. When I was young and naive, when she was my first girlfriend I thought we had a good thing but the longer we were together the less sense it made.

I could have sex with her and leave, but I wont I stand up picking her up then set her down on the bed I stand above her looking down at her. 

She smiles but when she see's my expression she looks at me in confusion. "What's wrong?" She asks.

"Damn it Syd what we had was a long time ago, we haven't been together in five years for a reason. We broke up for a reason, or did you forget? Let me remind you, all we did was fight we're no good for each other." I tell her irritated.

"We're older now Lyric, thing's could work out you jus-" She starts but I cut her off not even wanting to hear it.

"No Syd!" I yell. "I don't feel nothing for you, I can handle being friends with you but if you can't then maybe you should just stay away from me when I'm home. I'm not looking for a relationship I've got enough shit on my plate as it is and even if I was looking I still wouldn't want to be with you."

I see the hurt cloud her eyes tears start pouring down her cheeks, now I feel like a prick. I sigh and climb on the bed beside her I wrap my arms around her and pull her into me. "I'm sorry Syd." I whisper.

She nods but doesn't speak.

"Look I have to go." I tell her.

She pulls away get's off the bed and fixes her dress, she wipes her tears away. I get off the bed and walk out of the bedroom leaving her alone, I push my way through the crowd not even pretending to be happy anymore.

What I said to Sydney was true I'm not looking for a relationship being famous complicates the fuck out of that, I have no privacy. Usually I can avoid Paparazzi I got pretty good at that especially if I'm at home, they don't normally follow me because a lot of people think I was born in California I'm not sure why.

Lyle finds me while I'm looking for him. "Holy shit dude this party is insane." He laughs.

"Yeah great can we go?" I ask irritated.

"What come on man I'm having a good time, I've ran into so many people." He says.

"Christian! Lyric!" We both hear our name being yelled we both look around trying to find out where the hell it's coming from. 

Ricky Jones and his girlfriend Holly Lowe is walking toward's us. "Hey there is a karaoke thing set up outside everyone want's you guys to go out there." Ricky says.

"Uh sorry man but I need to get going." I say sternly looking at Lyle.

"Come on one song." Holly pleads.

Lyle raises his eyebrows at me and I suddenly want to punch his lights out.

I sigh. "Sure ONE." I say sternly.

We head outside to where this Karaoke machine is Sydney comes bouncing up with a cup of god knows what in her hand, well at least she isn't pissed anymore. "Can I pick the song?" She ask. "It's all country." She says.

She winds up picking a Florida Georgia Line song. "We're leaving after this." I growl at Lyle.

He chuckles and nods.

Sydney winds up picking the song 'This is How we Roll by Florida Georgia Line.' Everyone at the part is now outside by the pool she hands us two wireless mic's. 

"Ready?" She asks.

We both give her a nod and she start's the song cranking it up about as loud as it can go the Karaoke machine is being run by four huge speakers.

She heads back to the crowd her and her friends start jumping up and down. Lyle sings more of the back up and I sing the main vocals. He's singing Brian's part and I'm singing Tyler's in FGL Tyler normally sings most of the songs or they sing together.

As we're singing the beginning of the song we walk closer to the crowd they start dancing and singing a long with us. We start dancing with the crowd to as we sing the song. Somehow my mood lighten's but I do still want to go home after this song.

Suddenly Winter, Abigail, and Lydia appear Winter beams at me, she always liked listening to me sing or play. Lydia and Abigail are smiling to, though Lydia doesn't look nearly as happy as she did earlier.

I wonder if I can cheer her up...

I walk up closer to the three of them looking straight at Lydia as I sing, her smile finally touches her eyes and she actually looks genuinely happy. I grab her hand and spin her in a circle, she dances with me when there is a break in the song I dip her and spin her again she laughs.

I wrap both her hands around my neck keep one of my arms around her waist and the other holding the mic, I press my body tighter to hers as we stare into each other's eyes. An electric current just seems to flow through us, it's a strange feeling because I haven't ever felt it with anybody but I try to keep the thought pushed away and ignore the strange chemistry that takes place. 

Oddly enough nobody seems to notice, or maybe it's me who doesn't notice them because my eyes are locked on just one person.

******************

A/N: I do NOT own rights to the songs in this chapter.

Treat you better is by Shawn Mendes. 

This is How we Roll is by Florida Georgia Line.