Chapter 22. Did You Plan This?

Lyric's POV

She comes flying out the door barefoot no jacket nothing but shorts and a tank top, she's crazy. She throws herself off the porch and into my arms, I laugh. She wraps her legs around my waist and I hug her tightly. "I missed you." She sobs.

"I missed you too." I whisper and kiss her cheek. Every part of me is well aware of the fact that this isn't normal 'just friends' don't talk to each other the way Lydia and I do.

"Go get dressed, you're coming to Fennimore with me and Winter is going back with Lyle." I tell her. 

"Why Fennimore?" She asks confused.

"I'm like dying for Hardee's and they're open til midnight." I wiggle my eyebrows at her. 

She laughs."Okay." She untangles herself from me and runs back up into the house.  

Winter follows her back in excitedly so they can get some things. Lyle and I stopped at home I grabbed the Firebird, he grabbed his Eclipse. I was going to bring the Dodge because of the weather but it wouldn't start and I didn't want to piss with it tonight.

Winter comes out kisses me on the cheek and follows Lyle to his car, Lydia comes out with a duffel bag too.

"Why didn't you call?" Lydia asks.

"Well part because my phone is dead, part because I wanted to surprise you both." I smirk she laughs. 

We get into the firebird she tosses her bag into the backseat. 

"Should we really be going all the way to Fennimore, it's snowing pretty hard." She says worriedly.

"We should be okay, I've drove this in bad weather before. I was gonna bring the Dodge but it won't start." I sigh.

"Time for a new truck?" She asks.

"Nah, Lyle and I will probably just fix it." I admit.

She laughs shaking her head. "You have all this money and no Ferrari?" She asks shocked.

I laugh. "Nah. I like older vehicles." 

She laughs.

We head out of Platteville going toward's Lancaster the further we get the worse the snow gets. Lydia starts patting her pants and coat down.

"What are you doing?" I ask her.

"I forgot my phone." She sighs.

I shrug. "Oh well."

"Damn this sucks." I mutter.

As we're heading uphill the snow get's thicker and the roads are getting worse. "Put your seat belt on." I tell her sternly.

She quickly grabs it and snaps it into place.

"You're scaring me." She whispers.

I don't look over at her or say anything because I'm beginning to get scared too.

"Lyric?" She asks.

"What?" I ask looking at her finally, she looks at me worriedly and swallows hard. "We'll be fine baby." I tell her. 

She looks out the windshield as I am still looking at her. "LYRIC!" She screams.

My head whips over to look at the road and there's a big buck standing there I whip the wheel to miss him swerving into the left lane I try correcting the car but it's to late. 

Lydia is screaming as we're now airborne heading down an embankment. "LYRIC!" She screams.

I watch in horror, absolutely nothing that I can do.