Chapter 20. Leaving.

Lyric's POV

Lydia and I agreed to basically stay friends and nothing more. It's September 2nd, Lyle and I agreed to head out early because I now have to hit the recording studio. Thanks to everything that happened with my dad and Lydia over the summer my mind is full of different things to write everyday.

I've now got enough new songs wrote to record, I even decided to sell a few of them to some country artists who'd heard them and decided they wanted them.

Lyle takes my bag with him onto the bus, I turn and look at Winter and Lydia. "Well ladies." I chuckle, they smile widely at me. Winter rushes toward's me and hugs me tightly. 

"I'll miss you." She whispers. "Try making it home for Christmas will ya?" She asks.

I embrace her back tightly. "If you think I'm getting you anymore cars you are sorely mista-" She cuts me off.

"Oh shut up." She growls and I laugh.

"I love you." I tell my sister.

"I love you too." She says, she turns around and faces Lydia. "Be in the car." She says. Lydia smiles and nods, Winter squeezes her arm gently as she walks past her.

Tears begin to pool up in Lydia's eyes. 

"Come on Lyds not the water works." I shake my head, she laughs.

"Sorry, hard not to." She whispers, wiping them away.

"Come here." I tell her, she walks quickly toward's me and throws her arms around me. 

"I'm gonna miss you." She whispers.

"I'll miss you too." I tell her burying my head into the crook of her neck and inhaling deeply trying to commit the smell of her to memory. "Call me if you ever need anything, even if you just wanna talk." I tell her.

She pulls away wiping her tears away. "I will, don't forget me huh?" She asks.

"Never." I shake my head I press my lips to her forehead. "I don't regret anything." I tell her sternly needing her to know it.

" I tell her sternly needing her to know it

"Neither do I." She says.

I run my fingers through her hair and mess it slightly, she laughs and stands on her toes kissing my cheek. "See ya." She says.

"Yes you will." I smirk.

She giggles as she walks away, I watch her walk away she turns back and smiles then blows me a kiss, I wink at her and she laughs. 

I get up onto the bus, the driver slowly pulls away. I keep wondering what things would have been like if Kevin had never been in the picture imagine things would be much different. It's really hard dealing with the hurt of losing her in that way, but happy that we are at least still friends that I didn't leave on bad terms with her.