90

The case file slips from my hands, papers seperating and falling around freely, making a huge mess in the middle of ccpd. It was my first day back at work after Barry and I's engagement was broken off, and I was already going through hell.

Lately, I hated being here, and i regretted coming back. I dropped to my knees, fighting back the tears. I had been extra emotional lately, and i couldnt help myself. I start to gather the papers, feeling embarrassment rush through me as I tried to quickly pick everything up.

I didn't pay any attention to whoever started to help me, until I looked up when everything was gathered, Julian Albert out of all people standing up, handing me the rest of the papers, "How are you doing, Detective?"

"I think we're at the stage where you can call me by my name, Julian." I quietly say, giving him a weak smile to thank him, fixing the rest of the papers back into the folder they were once in.

He returns the small gesture of the smile, "Are you going to stop by the labs today?"

"I haven't been there in days, Julian." I blink long and hard to keep the tears in my eyes held back, looking back at him, "I don't think I can make it today either."

"You can't make it?-" Julian started, "Or you won't come?"

I sigh, looking down, "I have some things to do at home."

"For the record," Julian starts to walk backwards, clutching onto his bag, "From what Cisco has told us, Barry isn't doing any better."

With that, he turns, walking up the stairs and into the CSI lab that him and Barry shared.

-

[ barry's pov ]

I was seated on Cisco's couch, dressed in sweats, leaning my head against the remote I held in my hand, my eyes fixed on the tv.

"This, again?" Cisco's voice came from behind me, leaning his hands against the couch, "What, are you gonna spend the rest of your life on the couch? Come on, you've been doing this for days. Let's do something. Let's go out."

"Man, I'm sorry-" I cross my arms, a pout falling on my lips as my mood remained low, "I don't feel like going out."

"What is it with you and musicals these days anyhow?" Cisco rounds the couch, standing by me now.

"Everything's better in song." I chirp up.

"Listen, dude, I know you've been going through a tough time, since Zee broke off the engagement or I guess-" Cisco went on, "Technically, since you broke off the engagement. Whoever broke off the engagement, it doesn't matter, I don't know man, I wanna help."

"Nothing you can really do." I admit.

"Really?" Cisco says in disbelief, pointing towards the television that lit a musical on the screen, "I guess I'm just gonna have to let Mr. Gene Kelly take over 'cause Lord knows, I can't do anything about that."

I scoff, before both of our phones buzz at the same time, Cisco checking his phone first, "It's HR."

-

[ zee's pov ]

Kara Danvers and Barry Allen were in a coma. Mon-El and J'onn has come from their Earth with an unconscious Kara, and eventually, Joe had come into that same room holding an unconscious Barry Allen.

I had brought myself to go to Star Labs later that day, seeing what had happened to Kara and watching it happen to Barry, the two of them laying side by side, hooked up to different wires.