30

I was awoken by sunlight hitting my face. My eyes squint at the bright light, as I slowly open my eyes to adjust to the light.

I hear a small chuckle come from Barry, probably because of the face I had just made due to being caught off guard from the sunlight coming through his window.

He was still holding onto me tight, ignoring the fact that it was time to get up now considering I was awake. I groan quietly, before mumbling, rubbing my eyes a little, "What time is it?" I slowly try to pull out of his embrace. Once he notices that I'm tryna to pull away, he quickly let go, sitting up, pointing to the clock that was sitting on his nightstand.

I nod slowly, running a hand through my hair, getting up, adjusting to how quickly I got up, then stood up straight. "I'm gonna- go- get dressed-" I mumble then scramble around the room, grabbing a few things before running into the bathroom and shutting the door with a small huff.

I take a quick shower then dry myself and my hair, curling it, putting on a pair of jeans, tucking in a black long sleeve into it. I apply some make up to where my bruises were to cover them, then I step out the bathroom and make my way downstairs, grabbing my coat, slipping it on along with some heeled ankle boots. Barry has already seemed to have left, to ccpd I'm sure, as I decide to go to star labs.

I walk into star labs, putting down my coat once I take it off then start to make conversation with Cisco. Cisco wanders off to talk to Harry and I end up sitting down with Caitlin.

Soon enough Barry has arrived from ccpd, and was already out to get Doctor Light the minute everyone was in the cortex. I stare at Jay as he spoke to Barry, a glare upon my features due to how everyone was accepting him but I couldn't let myself do the same. I blink and look at my hands and Barry was out.

After listening to Barry and Doctor Light speak, while sitting with Cisco, Caitlin, and Jay, something Barry says next catches me off guard. "Linda?" He calls out in a questioning tone. "Linda Park?"

"How do you know my name?" Doctor Light speaks back causing my breath to get caught in my throat from the shock. I let out a breath, continuing to listen.

"I don't understand-" Barry starts to say.

"This was a mistake." Doctor Light states and then we heard a loud sound, causing me to sit up quickly.

Caitlin is the first to question, "Barry what's happening?"

He pants, "I can't see- guys, I can't see."

-

"I still can't see." Barry says, his eyes squinting as Caitlin checks his eyes. "You're suffering from solar retinopathy. Your retinas are severely damaged. You're lucky you're not permanently blind."

I bit into my fist to hold back a laugh from Barry's state. Then Jay spoke, "But with your rapid regeneration abilities, your sight should return soon."

Harry had much to say about this, "6.25 hours by my estimation. All this could have been avoided if you just stopped Light instead of chitchatting with her."

"She caught Barry off guard." Jay defended.

"Always an excuse with you, right? He's the fastest man alive, how could she possibly do that?" Harry shot back.

Barry spoke up, "Because Light looks exactly like my ex girlfriend, Linda Park."

Harry spoke in realization, "That's why Zoom sent her, because he knew you'd hesitate."

"That means Zoom has to have known somehow that Linda was your ex?" Cisco says in a questionable tone.

Harry speaks, getting up, standing up fully, "Which is why Barry has to act now, before Zoom sends another double from Barry's life."

"All right, right now, I'm more worried about Linda." Barry exclaims, rubbing his eyes slightly. My heart ached seeing how much he cares. He's so pure. "When I saw who was under the mask, I said her name.
What if Light didn't even realize that she had a doppelganger here until I accidentally told her?"

This caught Caitlin's attention, ask Cisco spoke up, "The first thing that Atom Smasher did when he crossed the breach was to kill his doppelganger."

Jay speaks, "Yeah, but Light's not like Atom Smasher."

"We should keep an eye on your Linda." Harry orders.

"All right, I'll go." Barry says, slowly getting up before running into Caitlin on accident, causing her to gasp. He apologizes and starts to walk away, completely ignoring that he couldn't see straight.

"Oh god-" I say, as I walk closer over to the group. We all exchange small calls for Barry, but he keeps walking. Jay goes after, right as Barry hits his back against a frame, him turning quickly, letting out a small cry in pain before still walking. "You can't do anything, until your sight returns." Jay grabs onto Barry as he slowly leads him over to a railing, having him put his hands on it.

"I'll do it-" Jay says, Caitlin chirping out, "I'll go with you!" And with that, they were off.

I slowly walk over to Barry, a small laugh leaving my lips as I leaned back against the railing he was holding onto, next to him, looking at him.

"Are you laughing at me?" Barry asks, rubbing his lips together, his lips dropping into a pout, his eyes barely open. I start full on giggling, covering my mouth.

"This isn't funny-" Barry whines lightly, before pausing, "Actually- I could listen to your laugh for days."

My heart skips a beat, as my laughing slowly quiets down. "Awh man, keep laughing." Barry says, as he purposely makes a weird face, causing myself to burst out into laughter, my hand going to his forearm, "Stop-" I laugh.

My laughing stopped when Iris walks in, immediately shocked by Harry's appearance. As they all trade a few words and talk in another room, I look back at Barry.

"Zee-" Barry calls out, one of his hands leaving the railing, reaching out for me, almost hitting me in the face. "Yes?" I ask.

"Hand-" He states, moving his hand around, his hand unexpectedly swinging around trying to look for me, almost wacking me in the face, causing me to let out a small squeak, bending backwards, dodging his hand then grab his hand, slowly standing up straight again.

"Don't let go-" He says, as he slowly lets go of the railing, holding onto my hand tight.

Iris shouts from the other room, "Don't let go of him!"

"I won't-" I say back, before holding onto Barry's hand as tight as he was holding mine. His phone buzzed, causing him to reach out for it.

"Barry- let me get it-" I stop him before grabbing the phone and reading the text out loud. "P? P- as in- Patty?" I ask, holding his hand with one hand and his phone in the other.

"P-" He sighs, his free hand going to his forehead. "What's she running late for?" I ask quietly.

"Our first date." He huffs, his hand dropping. "First date?" I question.

"Mhm. I doubt she's gonna give me another shot when I have to cancel on her." He says.

"Why would you cancel?" I ask dumbfounded.

"I'm sorry- I don't recall currently having sight." Barry says, "I'm blind."

"It's only for a few hours- and I mean- you shouldn't cancel. You're finally getting out there- this is great, Barry." I say, trying to be happy for him.

"How am I even supposed to get through an hour without being able to see, Zee?" Barry asks the obvious.

"Cisco." I simply say.

The idea pops into his head quicker than I thought it would as he spins around, looking for Cisco, calling his name, "Cisco!"

He drags me along, not letting go of my hand, "Barry's he's not this way-" I try to pull away but he just turns another way and walks.

"Barry you're going to run into the-" I start to shriek but it was too late, as he ran right into a wall. My hand slapped over my mouth as I try to surprise my laughter, as Cisco just bursts out laughing from where he was sitting in amusement.

Oh, how I wish I were Patty, right now.