Four - "Take it off."

Start from the beginning

"Jasper!" The Greystone girl gasped upon seeing Jasper hung from a tree by his hands, covered in blood.

Immediately, Lyds sprang into action and ran out across the clearing ready to save the boy, leaving her friends trailing behind her. "Come on! He's over here!" She yelled

"Lyds, wait! It's not safe!" Bellamy called after her but it seemed the boy had spoken too soon because Lyds was brought to a stop when she heard what sounded like the pulling of a trigger beneath her feet.

With ice in her blood, Lydia Greystone swallowed the lump in her throat and finally looked down, only to find that she'd triggered what looked like an animal trap, and if she moved her foot that meant she'd most likely loose it.

"Guys, I think we have a problem..."

"Goddamit L, I told you to wait!"

"You guys go get Jasper. I can fix this don't worry-"

"Don't tell me not to worry right now Lyds, your foot is in a bear trap." Murphy fought to roll his eyes, "You're an idiot, you know that right?"

"Clarke, Finn, go save Jasper, Bell you go with them."

"I am not leaving you like this!"

"Go with them." she hissed, "You're more use to Jasper than to me."

"I said I was going to protect you, that was our deal." he narrows his eyes, a certain ferocity hidden behind them, "So take my fucking hands and let me save your ass."

"I hate you."

"On the count of three, you're going to jump towards me okay and I'm going to try to catch you."

"Try? You better catch me Blake."

"I will, you ready?"

"Ready."

"Okay, one, two, three..."

As quickly as possible Lyds surged forwards into Bellamy's arms, her hands found his shoulders and her legs wrapped around his in an attempt to save herself, thankfully their little plan seemed to work and the pair went tumbling to the ground like a pound of bricks.

Neither the Greystone girl or Blake boy spoke in those few moments after he saved her, all they could do was stare at one another, worry and admiration painted upon both of their faces like an abstract work of art. Even Murphy paused to watch the two, something was building between them, a friendship perhaps,  maybe even feelings, he prayed to God it wasn't the latter.

"You good?" Bellamy was the first to speak, his arms wrapped around her waist like a second skin

"I'm fine." she told him, her small hands upon his chest

And then the pair separated as if nothing had happened, Bellamy brushed himself off and moved in Jasper's direction while Lyds threw herself into Murphy's arms seemingly frantic to feel the safety of her best friend's touch once more.

"Oh god, are you okay? Are you hurt?" His hands came to rest in her hair and his lips upon her forehead

"I'm okay, Bellamy saved me... Everything's fine."