Four - "Take it off."

Start from the beginning

"She's coming with us." Clarke glared, "End of discussion Murphy."

"Don't worry Monty!" Lydia called over her shoulder as she was practically dragged away by Bellamy, "I got this!"

It was obvious that everyone had unknowingly paired up on their travels to find Jasper. Wells and Clarke walked ahead leading the group, trapped in a heated conversation whilst Murphy walked alone and Lyds and Bellamy trailed behind. It wasn't that she enjoyed the Blake boy's company or anything like that (which she did) it was that he was the only one with a gun (or at least that was what she told herself) and that somehow made her feel much much safer.

"So, why are you here?"

"Sorry?"

"Well, I don't think I ever saw you look in Jasper's direction, let alone talk to him."

"Have you been watching me bell?" there was a mischievous glint in her eye as she spoke and Bellamy couldn't help but think that for a split second she'd looked somewhat cute.

"In your dreams." he laughed, "But really, the truth?"

"Clarke and Finn care about him, and I care about them so here we are."

"Are you sure it wasn't so you could spend time with your favourite person?"

The girl could only roll her eyes, "Wells? Of course!"

"Could you two stop flirting? My ears are starting to bleed." Murphy hissed before he moved to fall in step with his best friend

Murphy had always seen Lyds as his younger sister, they'd grown up together, her family were his family, they were practically blood. That was why he was so harsh on her, so protective, he didn't want to lose all that he had left, her.

"Don't be jealous Murph'." she smiled her arms wrapped around his waist, "You'll always be my number one."

"Can we just focus please?" Clarke called out, "We need to find Jasper."

"Okay princess, calm down."

"Since when were we in the rescuing business?"

"The Ark already thinks the prince is dead, once they think the princess is too they'll never come down." Bellamy explained, his eyes set upon the Griffin girl, "I'm getting that wristband even if it means cutting of her hand to get it."

"Bell-"

"Don't try to talk me out of this Lyds, I'm letting you keep yours so this is the price that has to be paid."

"So if I let you take off my wristband, then Clarke gets to keep hers?"

"Well-"

"Then I want mine gone."

"What?" the men spoke in unison

"Clarke has family on the Ark, I have no one. If it means she gets to keep hers then I want you to take mine off."

"You heard her-" Murphy started but was brought to a halt when Bellamy held a hand up to quiet him.

"No. That's not how things are going to work, just you wait Doll, you'll see."

***

"Hey what's the rush? You don't survive a spear through the heart."

Only an hour had passed by and the entirety of the time Wells and Clark had walked ahead from the rest of the group. Despite her worry for Jasper, the boy who was attacked, Lyds had spent most of their hike messing around with Murphy and Bellamy. They'd played I Spy and ran around chasing one another, just like kids, and it felt good to be so care free, they'd spent all of their time on the ground worrying when the next fight would be so it was nice to have a little fun and mess around. Even if it did anger Clarke and Wells.