chapter 16 - limits

Victorias
I was seething by the time we got home, my inner rage pushing past boiling point.

As soon as the car stopped I jumped out of the car and raced up the stairs to the room, slamming the door in Philips face and locked the door, grabbed a cushion from the couch and screamed against it.

Ohh this man made me so mad!

My phone I could live without, my laptop fine, at least I had access to a PC but my books, that was messing with my education and that was not OK.

I look a long shower, but even that didn't calm me down. He was everywhere. His shampoo, his body wash, his monogramed towels, and just the thought of him was enough to make my blood boil.

I looked into the mirror when I was done and looked at my reflection. I didn't like what I saw.

I was tired.

Tired of crying.

Tired of being scared all the time

Tired of beings so unsure of myself

Tired of not being able to be confident about myself

And mostly,

Tired of not being able to stand up for myself.

Well if he could be a jerk, so could I.

I grabbed the toothpaste and speared it all over the mirror, spelling out ' JERK' in big bold letters. I tipped out his bodywash and threw his monogramed towels into the tub and poured his mouthwash all over them. I took his shaving cream and emptied the can everywhere. The last thing I did was take his toothbrush and threw it in the toilet.

After getting dressed I opened the door and pushed past Phillip. Ignoring Phillip and headed to the kitchen. I was hungry and I wanted to eat alone.

Martha had taken to preparing our dinners and storing them in the fridge, so I grabbed plate and stuck it into the microwave.

Now that I was here with Phillip both Martha and Phillip had asked to leave early from work, leaving us our privicy.

' Victoria, what the hell? I have been banging on that door for almost an hour!"

' Well why didn't you just use your brute strength and break it down? So some other Neanderthal type of behaviour. Oh that's right, you only disrespect other peoples belongings." The microwave beeped and I took out the plate, except it was too hot and I almost dropped it.

"I am going to the study to eat, you can sort your own dinner." I said slamming the microwave door shit and walking past him.

But he grabbed my arm and spun me around to look at him, grabbed the plate out of my hands and set it down on the table.

' Let go of me and leave me alone!" I hissed.

' No. I won't. I can't."

I don't even know when I did it, I was mad. No, I was more than mad, I was enraged pissed off and I was lost my temper.

I slapped him.

' You know the problem with people like you? You are so caught up in your money and power you have no idea what its like for ordinary people. You think everyone under you is just another pawn, another thing you can manipulate.' I yelled as I yanked my hand out of his grip.

' You're so far up your own arses you don't even consider that other people have feelings.

You break my phone, you confiscate my lap top, you lock me out of the internet and you practically stalk me at university! And to top it all off, you throw my books away!