Scooby Hypocrites

Start from the beginning

I start to leave again.

"If you don't wanna help with the spell or anything, then don't. I'll find a way to help her myself."

"Buffy the spell is already off."

What?

I stop at the door in shock and turn to look at Willow, standing now a few feet away.

"What are you talking about? W-What do you mean the spell is off?"

"Buffy... how did Faith get her memory back?"

Why is she bringing this up again?

"W... what do you mean? I told you h-how it hap... happened."

"Buffy you need to tell us the truth. I think I know what happened but I need you to be honest with me. I can't believe that Faith just got her memory back for no reason."

"Well it... that's really what h-happened."

"Will's right Buffy, it just doesn't make sense that she just happened to get her memory back for no particular reason. What really happened?"

They're not gonna stop are they? They're just gonna keep...

"I, she... we kissed okay? Is that what you wanted to hear? We kissed and... our first kiss brought her back."

The silence in the room is deafening as the whole picture comes into focus for them.

"Buffy you... even you must admit, such events can not be just coincidence."

"No I... I get it, I realize that this could all be part of some plan some big evil cooked up to make me insane but it doesn't feel that way. It feels real and beautiful and completely right and something this incredible can't be evil, it just can't be. Because, see the kiss it... it didn't just bring her memory back, it also made me realize we were meant to be."

"But Buffy, that's what broke the spell."

What?

"What? How? What?"

I start to walk back in and stop.

"The kiss, the one that gave Faith her memory back... it broke the spell too."

"What? What do you mean? How did our kiss break the spell?"

"Buffy, the spell that these cult guys cast on Faith, it was supposed to amplify her feelings of anger and hatred for you. To make her unable to think of anything else and the drugs were designed to make her lose control when those feelings got too strong and then lash out at the person causing that anger, namely you."

So that's why she had those freak outs and attacked me.

"The point of the counter spell was to get her to release those negative feelings for you but the only way for that to happen was if she had... other, feelings for you."

"Other feelings like... a love spell? You did a love spell on me? On both of us?"

"It didn't work."

"That's not the point Will and you know it. You tried to do a love spell on us and you didn't tell us. How could you?"

"Buffy the goddess I was praying to for the spell, Diana, she's the goddess of love and FRIEND-ship. There was every chance all it was gonna do was make you guys friends."

"But there's a chance it might have been more than that. God Willow how could you? Did you guys... did you guys know about this?"

I look around at the people I thought were my friends.

"Did you guys know about what Willow was doing before the spell?"

No one says anything.

"You're NOT ANSWERING ME."

Xander breaks the silence.

"Yes Buffy we did."

God who are these people? I thought we trusted each other. I can't be here. I can't look at these people.

"Well Willow I guess we didn't need your little love spell cause Faith and I fell in love all on our own

"Well Willow I guess we didn't need your little love spell cause Faith and I fell in love all on our own. Without your help. I-I have to go. I have to go stop a bad science experiment from committing a massacre."

I go back to leave.

"I have to go find someone I can trust."

I leave Giles'.

There's only one person I can really trust.