Chapter Twenty-Eight

Nathalie's Pov

|A/N|
♡________________________♡
|For the full experience please|
    |listen to the song above while |     
|Natalie is singing. Thanks        |
♡---------------------------♡

"Ok you look a little umm speechless right now so how about we eat all these amazing snacks Veronica prepared for you and I'll show you my touch."

"Your touch?" He asked cutely.

"Yeah. She kinda set everything up but I still had to put in my own special and personal effort. So without further ado may I present you with a song."

"You can sing?" Kayden asked shocked.

"Pretty good actually. Your kind of the first person I am publicly singing too since I prefer the privacy of the  shower but I'd like to express my feelings in song to you."

I nervously cleared my throat and jumped out of the truck's tray (or whatever you call it).

"Can you just pass me the speaker next to you." I pointed to the small portable bluetooth box Veronica lent me.

I quickly paired it to my phone and with that, pulled up the song's instrumental.

"Ready?" I smiled anxiously.

"Whenever you are."

I wasted no time in pressing start and began to hum along to the instrumental. 

"Oh, ey

You don't know, babe
When you hold me
And kiss me slowly
It's the sweetest thing
And it don't change
If I had it my way
You would know that you are

You're the coffee that I need in the morning
You're my sunshine in the rain when it's pouring
Won't you give yourself to me
Give it all, oh......"

I just got so lost in the music. My eyes involuntarily closed and when I opened it, Kayden was looking at me with so much pride and affection.

"I just wanna see
I just wanna see how beautiful you are
You know that I see it
I know you're a star
Where you go I follow
No matter how far
If life is a movie
Oh you're the best part, oh oh oh
You're the best part, oh oh oh
Best part"

I sung the song with all the emotions in me until my it finally ended and my eyes opened again.

Kayden looked at me with pure awe as he gave me a round of applause.

"Wait so your not only beautiful but talented. Boy I got me a full course meal." Kay's words caused me to break out into laughter.

"I have one more surprise."

Kayden's Pov

With that, Natalie got something from inside the truck and returned only to hand me a book.

I opened it expecting to see a love letter or just any kind of writing but to my dismay - it was empty.

I flipped a few pages but they all held the same blank appearance.

"It's empty." I pointed out.

"No- We all have a book which inside, holds our life. Some keep their's  locked, others are just an open book. I'm one of those people who keep everything trapped inside. But before you and I go any further, I'd like for you to know who I am. The real me, my past life, my favourite colour, the name of my first pet. I just want you to know what your getting yourself into."

If I was a girl - I'd totally be crying now. This is so touching.

"Where do I begin........Oh so my mother met my father at school, she was Caucasian and he was a handsome black man who had just transferred from-------"

As she went on to tell me everything, my heart broke for her. A few times while expressing herself she'd laugh and I knew behind that was a lot of pain.

Something in this moment just compelled me to spill. All the locked up emotions from when I was a kid came crashing back.

That day Nathalie and I confessed everything their was to confess. I now felt as if I had known her for years and this definitely brought us closer. It made me feel like I never wanted to leave her side.

"Nathalie will you be my girlfriend?"

End Of Chapter !!!

[A/N] How was this chapter ?

Also I'd just like to inform y'all that the song above is not Nathalie's voice but rather just the song and lyrics. I'd like for you guys to imagine Nat's voice however you please *just keeping in mind that it was angelic and probably better than most vocal celebrities.

Ok so I just wanna explain what happened between Nat and Kay. Basically they kind spilled their life story. Natalie talked about her mum and dad, the bullying, her struggles in school and so on. Kayden also talked about his parents, the divorce, taking over his father's role, missing his mother etc etc. They now know a lot everything about each other.