Chapter Eighteen

Kayden's Pov

Two weeks . It had been a whole two weeks since I saw her milky chocolate skin , or her soft bun that she thought was so neat but it actually always had a bit of curls hanging in the back .

I didn't understand what I was feeling . It's like being away from her awakened more feelings . How could I go from despising someone to having such sudden feelings ?

The thought of her alone gave me a headache . I found it better to just push the thought to the back of my head and finish getting myself ready .

° ° ° ° ° °

"Was it really necessary to make such big scene ." My voice held pure annoyance as I looked over at Irina .

She had a quite contented expression at her outbreak . That only pissed me off more .

All she had to do was simply call for the manager and maybe the situation would of been sorted out .

Yesterday I called and arranged a dinner reservation for us tonight . Apparently the lady couldn't find my name and instead of trying to figure out the problem , Irina had to open up her big mouth and get us kicked out .

"Look at the time - Where are we going to get something to eat now ?" I shouted .

I purposely missed dinner tonight in expectations of eating amazing restaurant food .

"Just turn in right here ." She mumbled making me I glance in the left direction to see an open dinner .

My grip on the steering wheel immediately tightened as I made a rather dangerous turn into the car park .

Only in front of the diner I looked up to see it wasn't a dinner but in fact the Cafe Natalie worked at .

I made a sudden stop and Irina viewed me questionable  . "Aren't you coming in ?" She held her usual impatiently tone .

I was about to say no when I realised something . It was late on a school night so I doubt Natalie would still be working , she's probably back at home completing homework .

"Yes ." I replied and walked past her .

Inside was surprisingly empty with only a cashier in sight . I began to approached the lady to order when I heard Irina's piercing voice from behind me .

"Can you like send over a waiter !"

The statement was rudely directed to the cashier.

With a long sigh I turned around and made my way over to the table Irina choose .

I pulled out my phone and scrolled through IG for a little bit before I realised the waiter was there .

"Umm what'd you recommend for a hungry man ." I questioned in a not so joking manner .

Looking up to see the person I was left stunned .

There she stood looking as beautiful as ever .

The dark drooping bags under her eyes told me she was tired , an instant wave of concern washed over my face .

"Um..... Our Pina Colada Frap and Ham Sandwich is very filling ." She spoke as if I were a regular customer .... I guess that's all I am .

I parted my lips and a response was already formulating when Irina jumped in .

"He'll take that ."

This seemed to get Natalie's attentions . She looked between us before her eyes fell on Irina again , this time instead of the warm friendly smile , she shot a death glare .

Clearing my throat her features finally softened and she muttered a soft sorry before scurrying off .

I watched as she disappeared to the back and immediately regretted coming here .

"Do you know her ." Irina inquired  .

"No." I quickly answered .

I watched in the distance as she returned from the back and walked though the front entrance .

[A/N] This is an extremely late not to mention short chapter . I was having major writer's block and honestly , this was the best I could do .