Chapter Twelve

Kayden's Pov

After the awkward silence filled car ride to my father's office we finally arrived pulling up in a parking lot and exiting .

The office was a huge one story white building . Kind of like the white house but much small . Whichever local minister got voted in would get to keep the office as his/her own until the next annual elections .

We walked through the automatic sliding door to a neat marble table directly opposite it .

The pretty redhead with a bold crimson lipstick seated at the receptionist desk caught my attention . She was surely my type .

"Linda this is my son - Kayden this is linda my receptionist ." He said lowly as we approached the desk .

The two held eye contact a little longer than professional but after snapping back to reality she moved her gaze over to me and reached out her small hands ."I can see good looks run in this bloodline ." She joked causing my father to giggle

It was surely an odd sound to my ears - The last I heard of it was 7 years back before he divorce mum and we were ice skating .

I released an awkward laugh as I detached my hand and rubbed it against my jeans . It's either she has some sweat condition or she was super nervous because I don't think it's natural for your hands to be so damp .

"He is going to be working here from this day on until he can take over my position ." A sly smirk appeared on his face .

I watched intently at Linda's intrigued face as my father talked his usual nonsense .

"Let's go boy ." He walked off .

I respectfully nodded at her before going in the same direction as my father .

I felt like his b*tch - all day I had been following and trailing behind like some lost puppy-dog . 

I continued down the hall to the last door which I entered once seeing my father's name printed big and bold in gold m

My father called me over to his desk where he explained my task for the day . He had a meeting but left his PA , Amanda , to stay and guide me throughout the day .

I was to be in charge , if any problems occurred I was to fix it alongside Amanda .

The day proceeded pretty boring

The day proceeded pretty boring . I sat all day just staring out into space and occasionally some employees would come in asking me to sign something .

My eyes impatiently roamed the room until it set on the clock reading 4:57 . That explained why I felt so starved . I had been here for over 10 hours without any food and only one bottle of water .

I cleaned up my working space before picking up the phone to call my dad and tell him that I am leaving .

He answered at the third ring ."Hello who is speaking ?" He spoke .

"It's Kayden dad - I just want to tell you that I am going home , and before you make this a challenge just remember that I haven't eaten since this morning ." 

He grunted in response but didn't protest so I took that as a good sign and hung up .

I dialed up my father's private car to pick me up and in 10 minutes I was already on my way home .

I looked out window watching the beautiful scenario until we finally arrived at my street . My head slightly turned to the right to see Aubrey and Natalie's house , which was only a few house down from mine .

Seeing as we got the house on the end of the street , we got a bigger lot meaning a bigger house with still a massive amount of yard space .

The guards recognised the car and instantly let us in . The driver pulled up and I thanked him before stepping out .

"Oh Mr.Landon !" One of the maids said in shock when I opened the front door .

Was it me or was she just waiting by the door . Her jittzy and nervous manner told me something was wrong and I didn't hesitate to press it out of her .

"I am tired ok - Just tell me what's wrong and get the chef to cook me dinner when you leave ." I said with a blank expression .

She looked down slightly embarrassed . "I am sorry sir , a young chocolate girl visited earlier on today and I accidentally hit her with the door . She's still unconscious downstairs in the nurse's offi-"

She didn't even get to finish her words as I was halfway to the stairs . I wasn't even sure if this girl was Natalie but the thought still scared me .

I did indeed dislike Natalie but I also liked her . She was different from the usual same-old-same-old blond boring b*tches attending my school .

I wanted something exciting and then she came along.

Shorter Chapter but it will be continued in the next chap.

I listened to Lana Del Rey :- Art Deco , Young & Beautiful and Summertime sadness while writing this 😂 For a 13 year old I have good taste 🙋😊.  As Young and Beautiful started I literally stopped writing for the night cause I had to close my eyes and just experience the song on another level 💀 . Who else loves Lana ???

[Story Info] They live in a fictional  state - there a local Minister is chosen to lead & manage that area . If that makes any sense .