Chapter Nineteen

Natalie's Pov

Finally ! The Weekend !

I watched as my classmate fought like wild savages to get through the thin doorway .

Once everyone was out I then rose from my seat and started packing up .

"I see you had the same idea as me ." A deep voice said , almost making me jump out of my own skin .

I turned to the back of the class to see Kayden's friend who helped me up the other day , Jace , I think his name was . { Chapter Three }

"And what's that? " I squeezed my eyebrows together .

"Too let them wild animals leave first so I won't get hurt in the scuffle ..... Y'know you look extremely cute when you're confused ."

My eyes immediately shot to my shoes but it didn't help in hiding the gigantic blush on my cheeks .

He chuckled in satisfaction and raked his slender fingers through blond locks . It wasn't as slick as the first time we talked , it was actually quite disheveled which either means he's having a seriously stressful day or ...... let's just stop there .

We made strong eye contact for nearly a whole minute before he broke it off and asked me the most unexpected question .

"My friends and I are having a little party tomorrow night , Why don't you come as my date ?"

I was quick to protest and make up excuses but he cut me off .

"It's just my group and maybe their dates - You don't have to worry about feeling out of place ." He gave me a signature smile which I bet had girls swooning .

He looked almost as surprised as I felt when I bobbed my head .

"Great !" An ear to ear smile stretched across his face ,"Put your digits in my phone and I'll call you tonight to get your address ."

I mentally praised myself for buying a phone with my paycheck last week .

I took hold of his huge Iphone which definitely put my small Samsung to shame , but nevertheless added in my contact .

We both grabbed our bags and he walked me to outside where we said out farewells and then separated .

The bus was already there so I just waited for him to disappear into the car park before entering .

I asked a favor of the bus driver which shocked me when he agreed . Playing my luck and shooting puppy eyes , I asked if he could drop me home to collect my money and then carry me to the mall .

° ° ° ° ° ° °
"Wow!" I whispered to myself as I admired to stunning black dress on display .

"We have an excellent black bag to match this dress - And guess what ! If you buy these two as a set , you'll get 25% off ." One of the customer assistance workers said from besides me .

"Can I try it on ?" I asked nervously .

She only giggled in response and pulled me along to an empty changing room .

To my dismay , it fitted perfectly . The way it gripped my small waist , the way the black enchanted my eyes - I loved it .

It was a simple strapless fitted black dress . Many people would call it plain or a normal outfit for them , but for me it was special .

My attire was usually some old shirt and pants , so to get something that's actually in style - it meant a lot to me .

° ° ° ° ° °

When I got back home , I took an immediate nap seeing as I had a work shift later tonight and I didn't want to be tired on the job .

Just as I arrived back home I felt my phone vibrating from in my right pocket . I anxiously pulled it out and saw it was an unknown number .

In cases like this I would deny the call but it could be Jace , I didn't have his number saved to my phone so it would make sense that when he called , it will pop as an unknown number .

"Hello? " I asked , the uncertainty clear in my voice .  

Then came a piercing laugh followed by Jace muttering something , but it was hard to make out as he was still gasping for air.

Once he composed himself he then spoke , "Sorry! You just sounded so scared .. hahaha ." He broke into another cackle .

After screaming that he needed to pee , I heard the phone fall and in no time he returned casual as ever .

I gave him my address and instead saying bye and hanging up , we fell into deep conversation . We spoke about everything and nothing in particular .

He was a really great listener and quite the charmer if I do say so myself .

Some good time passed when his mum called for him so we then broke up and I just took a warm bathe before going to bed .

[A/N]

Such a crappy chapter :( but please bare with me . School is so stressful atm and I have my end of term examine coming up soon so I bet my mum is gonna threaten to take away my phone every time she sees me with it .

But back to the chapter - It was really disorganized but I'll try for the next chapter to be better .