Chapter 38

#LethalAttachment

Chapter 38
Backseat

"T-They were in a... relationship?"

Charity was stuttering big time. Hirap na hirap pa siyang bigkasin ang mga salitang 'yon at parang kinukulang ng hininga.

"Yes! They were the talk of the campus couple," Jellaine even elaborated. "Well, everyone saw it coming though. Rojan was all over Kriesha. Lagi silang magkasama no'n tapos ayon na! Naging sila na nga."

I bit my lower lip. I never thought that they already knew what was coming between Rojan and I because Rojan was so obvious, and I was the only one confused with his actions. But in my defense, he was vague. I didn't know if we were just really close as friends or our relationship meant something more.

I didn't want to assume anything. I was waiting for his words to confirm my thoughts.

"However, they suddenly broke up before graduation. Rumor said that Kriesha initiated the break up," she added and turned to me. "I never approached you about it, but now that I remembered, is it true? Are you really the one who broke up with Rojan?"

I never talked to anyone at school regarding our broke up because I didn't want to cause anymore fuss. Rojan also seemed to just let everything died down on its own.

Pero iba na ang sitwasyon lalo na't tinatanong nila ako. I know I wasn't obliged to answer their question and suffice their curiosity, but I think it's best if I'll tell them about it instead of just keeping quiet.

With a deep breath, I nodded as answer. "Yes..."

They looked surprised, especially Charity. Jellaine nodded her head when she finally got a confirmation. On the other hand, Krissy laughed with an insulting tone.

Natigil ang aking tingin kay Krissy. Nagtaas siya ng kilay sa akin at saka ngumisi habang nakahalukipkip.

"It's a shock already that you and Rojan became an item before, but I hope you won't spread this lie that you're the one who broke up with him," she told me like I was lying about the truth. "Don't be too full of yourself. Why would someone like you break up with Rojan?"

"Krissy..."

I saw Jellaine tried stop her friend, but Krissy only walked closer to me with her head high.

"I know it's embarrassing to admit that a guy dumped you, but please, stop the lies. Nakakasama 'yan..." Muli siyang tumawa at saka tinapik ang aking balikat. "Pagbibigyan ka namin sa kasinungalingan mo ngayon pero sana ay huwag mo nang ipagkalat 'yan. You're just going to ruin Rojan's reputation. If there's any girl who can dump Rojan, that would be Charity."

Muli kong naramdaman ang paglamutak sa aking puso ng mga salitang ginamit niya upang durugin ako. Maybe this was the reason why I didn't talk about our break up. They would never see a reason why I did it. They would think that I was absurd for letting go of someone who could completely change my life in just a flick of his fingers. They would never believe it.

Hindi ko nga lang akalain na kaysa bumaba ang tingin ko sa sarili ko ngayon ay mas napapatatag lang ako ng sakit na ibinibigay nila. Alam ko ang totoo sa aking sarili. It's her jealousy talking. Her eyes were filled with envy instead of anger. She must be jealous that the royalty, Rojan Sarmiento's first girlfriend was someone like me and she couldn't accept the fact that I broke up with him when she couldn't come close even with all her riches.

Everyone who tried to crush me before weren't speaking for Rojan's welfare, they were ruled by their jealousy. They were all jealous of me because I had Rojan whom they couldn't have.