Sang Works In A Bar!AU

Owen could count the number of times he'd been surprised on one hand. Which wasn't very much at all. With a critical eye, he watched Miss Sorensen bustle around the bar without a care in the world and wondered how she'd managed to keep this a secret..

"Wow, somebody needs a happy meal." Sean said as he finally approached the table and gave him a look. They were seated at the very back of the bar but close enough to the exit that they could make a clean getaway when the time came.

"Sean, fast food is hardly good for you and you know I don't eat McDonalds." Owen remarked, his lips forming a hard, thin line. He narrowed his eyes at the petite blonde and felt a shaft of anger go through him at the thought of her working in such a place. "Clearly, Miss Sorensen should not be working here. Let alone handle alcohol being underage and a high school student."

Owen's pronounced frown deepened even more.

"Indeed, and I completely agree with you but we can't just march up there and drag her out of here. We still have a mission to complete. So your big, frown face upside down and stop intimidating every waitress that tries to come near our table." Sean whispered, leaning forward on the table towards him. "And you totally love their apple pies, admit it."

Right. So maybe Owen did have a soft spot for the apple pies. Being around someone who ate it like it was his religion would do that. But it didn't quell the anxiety and frustration that was Sang Sorensen. Of. all the places, a bar was the last place either of them expected a high school girl to be working at. It clearly couldn't be legal and yet, there she was, serving drinks and handling them like a pro.

"Owen, honestly, there must be a reason why she felt she had to keep this a secret. The others have mentioned more than once she's having trouble at home with her father. Maybe there's something we could do to help her."

Owen sighed. He rubbed at the slight stubble on his chin and decided that perhaps Sean was right, for once. They'd wait for her after work and escort her home or at least make sure she got home safe. It didn't sit well with him that she was surrounded by so many men way older than her, even being just customers. The world was a cruel, dark place and Owen knew first hand how harsh reality could be.