Raven's Solution - All14 AU

"I have a solution." Raven said suddenly, as he entered the kitchen.

If he noticed the tense atmosphere, he didn't say. But Axel and Owen were faced off like they were gunslingers in a showdown. Sean thought they looked quite like they needed to get laid, and fast. Because he wasn't sure how much of the arguing he could put up with between them. Maybe if he locked them in a room with pookie for a couple hours they'd come back out without a stick up their behinds?

"Thank goodness." Sean said, throwing his hands up. "Let's hear it."

"It involves fire." Raven said to nobody in particular. He moved to the gas stove with a crumbled newspaper in hand and the others didn't so much as flinch or move as he turned it on.

Sean dragged a hand down his face. Of all the possible things to suggest! "Absolutely not."

When the fire blazed, Raven set the newspaper on it and watched as it burned and wilted till it was nothing but ash. Sean wasn't getting his point but he turned to the others with his hands on his hips and a satisfied look on his face.

Sean hung his head. "Raven, I don't think a fire is going to help anyone. That would just be dangerous and I'm not sure I want you anywhere near fire."

"Quite, Sean." Owen pinched the bridge of his nose tiredly as he pulled his glasses off and began the familiar routine of cleaning them. Sean only saw him do that when he was exasperated and just plain exhausted.

"Raven, what are you saying?" Axel asked, exhaustion clear in his voice. He uncrossed his arms and turned to look at the man in question who was now frowning at the lot of them like they were the stupid ones.

"We can gather around the ring of fire and roast marshmallows and sing the campfire song."

"You mean bonfire, Raven?" Axel supplied, with a raise of his brow.

"Same thing. I'm sure Krohska will be happy with it. No more fighting between us, for her sake." Raven gripped Axel and Owen's shoulders, giving them both an affectionate squeeze. He nodded like it was the most simplest thing in the world.

Sean blinked and a look of dawning came over him. "You know what? That's a great idea, Raven! We can arrange everything with the others. In fact, let's go do that right now while you two make nice."

"We are a family, are we not? A family has fights and they don't always get along. But we must not forget the true meaning of what it is to be a family: love each other conditionally, no matter what." Raven said with a smile. And if he slapped them both on the back a little too forcefully, Sean rather thought they probably deserved it.

"Unconditionally." Owen corrected. He smoothed down the lapels of his suit and leaned back against the marble white countertops, feeling much like a child getting scoldings from his mother.

"Same. Now make up, or else." He said with a warning glance.

Axel shook his head but smiled as Raven left the kitchen with Sean behind him. Maybe a bonfire wouldn't settle the tension between their two teams but it might bring them together as a family.