SIXTY

*REBEL'S POV*

I kept on hitting my chest and holding my breath or else I won't be able to stand the pain I felt. Funny how I'm not mad. I don't feel the state of being angry. I don't even think life is unfair, or I must hate Niccolo for lying. All I can think of right now, is how much I deserve all this pain. This is my punishment. This is the consequence.

"Anak?"

Napalingon ako kay Cassie na nasa pinto.

"D-dapat po di nyo na ako inintay--"

"I saw what happened, Rebel." she said.

Natameme ako at napatitig nalang sa kanya. Hindi ako nakasagot manlang.

"Stop hitting your chest, you're hurting yourself." she said then she walked towards me.

"I'm sorry." I said then I hid my hands on my back.

She sighed, "Anak?"

"B-bakit?"

She hugged me tighter and tighter till it's tight enough to make me feel the comfort.

"This hug is just a hug for it might not mean anything to you." she whispered, "But this is my way of assuring you that I'm here, and so are you. So please stay till the pain goes away."

Her words ate me up and my arms voluntarily hugged her.

"Wanna get outta here, anak?" she asked then she broke the hug and looked at me while holding my shoulders.

I saw tears in her eyes but she fought it and smiled. I figured, if this woman in front of me is hurting for me although there's no way I can transfer a few percentage of pain, then maybe I can smile the pain away too. So I did, then I nodded.

She held my hand and pulled me to her car. I sat on the shotgun seat and saw her open the gates. Napalingon ako sa pinto namin at nakita si Daddy na lumabas kasunod si Kuya. They were trying to peek to see me through the tinted window, but they gave up and looked at Cassie. I can't hear what she said or what they talked about pero parang nagpapaalam si Cassie na aalis kaming dalawa.

Pumayag naman sila at sumakay na si Cassie sa car.

"They asked me why we're leaving." she said.

"A-anong sagot mo?"

"I told them we'll meet my patient. Tutal may project ka naman na gagawin." sagot nya while smiling, "Seatbelt anak."

I immediately wore my seatbelt and looked at her again.

"I had to promise that I would take you somewhere to eat. I even old them that we'd go shopping afterwards. Your Kuya said that you've been stressed lately, and I can definitely sense that." paliwanag nya, "I'll try my best to make you happy today."

"Thank you-- Mommy Cassie." naiilang kong sagot saka ako tumingin sa bintana kaya hindi ko na nakita ang naging reaction nya.

We stopped by a cafe at nung bumaba sya ay bumaba na rin ako. She even walked towards me saka kumapit sa braso ko.

"I know you love coffee. This is my favorite cafe. In my opinion, they serve the best tiramisu baby cakes here. Would it be okay if we would pig out today?" she asked, of course with a smiled.

I nodded and smiled lightly kaya naman masaya nya akong dinala sa loob. She lead me to her usual spot and I proved that this is her favorite cafe, everyone knows her and greeted her 'Doctora' the second we stepped in.

She was about to stand up ng lapitan sya ng isa sa crew.

"Good morning, Doctora. Usual po?" the lady asked.