TWENTY-FIVE

*NICC'S POV*

Typical Friday. The only difference is, I haven't seen Rebel.

Oh well, thinking of how our conversation went last night tells me that I'd better be not around her anymore. I'm a burden to her, not by the means of things I depend on but she carried too much weight in her heart because of me. She doubts me, and will probably never trust me again.

It's all my fault, I guess I'll just have to live with the consequences.

I started the engine and decided to turn the radio on, but I realized it was a wrong move. The song said so,

"There are some things that I guess I'll never know. When you love someone, you got to learn to let them go." pasalita kong pagsabay sa linya ng kanta.

I immediately smiled after hearing the song that used to be too corny for me, come to think of it, some song really does have painful meanings. I turned the radio off while shaking my head and began driving out of the campus.

I exited the main gate and already a few meters away when I saw Lynd in the middle of the road, waving for me to stop. It's not my plan to drive through her and hit her but it's not my shit to stop for her either. I'm so done taking her bullcrap.

I drove faster and immediately overtaken her then I stopped when I'm a few meters away. I locked my doors when I saw her walking towards me. Napailing ako kaagad. She just doesn't know when to stop. Hindi ba sya naiinsulto? If I'm in her place I'd feel insulted. I can't push myself towards people na sinusuka na ako...

Oh and yeah. Coming from me? Eh pinagpipilitan ko nga yung sarili ko kay Rebel. Maybe we do have something in common.

She knocked on my window while smiling. I gave her a questioning look and she gestured for me to get out. Now I regret stopping the car. If Rebel was here, she'd be mad again. Ano ba kasing nasa utak ko? Bakit ako huminto dahil kay Lynd?!

Here goes nothing...

I stepped out of the car pero hindi ako umalis doon. "What?"

"Dito ka sa gilid baka mabangga ka dyan." she said while smiling. Is she being a lunatic again? Those smiles won't fool me no more.

I sighed and walked towards her but atleast isang dipa ang layo. "Just tell me what the fuck you're thinking so I can leave." I said.

"I actually don't need anything from you but I really wanted to see you. It felt nice that you cared enough and you stopped your car when you saw me. I've done shit to you pero hindi mo parin ako matiis." she said and she's acting all out innocent again.

Napasapo ako sa noo ko. "You know what? I'm done with you. I'm only being nice for the old times sake. You did me wrong so don't expect me to do shit for you anymore."

"I'm not going to ask you to do anything for me, Nicc."

"Good. I'm going."

"You seem to forgot that it's my birthday."

Napahinto ako pero nilabanan kong lingunin sya ulit. Kinilabutan ako ng hawakan nya ang balikat ko at pilit akong hinarap sa kanya saka hinawakan ang kamay ko.

"H-hey." she said, "It's okay if you forgot. You hate me now so I don't expect you to remember my birthday." she said and she's obviously giggling.

Hindi ako makatingin sa kanya. Hindi rin ako makasagot.

"You know what happens during my birthday. That's why I chose to leave our home and walk around."

"Yeah." tanging nasagot ko and I heard her giggle again.