THIRTY-NINE

I often have dreams. Some are normal but most are weird. Funny thing is, I always forget it as soon as I wake up.

Iba ngayon. Wala ako kahit isang panaginip, and I'm pretty sure na hindi ko lang iyon nakalimutan. I really did had a good night sleep.

My mind is already conscious but I still haven't opened up my eyes yet. I wonder what time it is right now? I hope it's not too early.

I breathed the cold air deeply and smiled. I'll try to make things right today. I'll start with talking to Niccolo, and I would try to fix our issues. Then, I would talk to Rictor. Maybe I could ask Lolo if he could help me get a flight to Paris para makausap yung magkapatid in person because that's what they deserve. No matter how my conversation with Nicc ends up, good or bad; either way I can't marry Rictor. He's dear to me, yes. I love him. But not yet to the extent that my decisions about marriage could be final.

I had years with him and months with Niccolo, and as funny as it seems, I loved Niccolo more than how I loved Rictor. Hindi ko rin alam kung paano, pero iyon ang totoo. Ayoko ng lokohin ang sarili ko.

I know people change their minds and that capability does not exclude me, still I want to clear things out with him. No more lying to myself. No more running away. No more expectations. Only reality. And my reality is Niccolo.

He taught me that not everything would be in my favor and that is just fine because that's the greatest part of life, to learn how to keep on going for the same track even when nothing seems right. I should go for what I want instead of choosing what's convenient. Either I accept it, or I'll never grow as a person.

Niccolo taught me so much. I thought that the pain I felt was the reason why I love him, but he's right, I was wrong all along. I love him not because of the way we could hurt each other over reasons that shouldn't matter or how we felt whenever we want to be together. I loved him, because I just did. Nothing more, nothing less. I hope I could love him more than he deserves.

I am willing to accept the anger of Rictor and Roe. I'd rather be honest now than to give them false hopes knowing that my heart belongs to Niccolo. I have felt the love of Rictor, and that is extremely precious. But only Niccolo can make me feel all the love in the world with just a simple smile. I can never be more affected to anybody else, and if I should say that I could, I'd probably lie.

I got back to my senses when I heard my door opened.

"Biik?" Kuya called.

I can't help but smile. I'm really happy that Kuya is with me.

I had this stupid idea of snoring like crazy because I know that snore sounds somewhat tickles his system and makes him laugh.

"Biik, come on you gotta take this." He said and I felt him sit beside me. "Biik?"

"Yes?" I asked, pretending to be half asleep.

"You left your phone in my room and it's been ringing nonstop. It's Cherby and I think it's urgent." he said.

Unti-unti akong dumilat at napabangon na. "What time is it?"

"It's four in the morning. Come on and answer this." he said then he handed me my phone. Halatang inaantok pa sya.

I looked at the screen then slid is sideway to answer the call.

"Hello--"

Napakunot agad ang noo ko. I heard a really loud sob on the other line.

"R-Rebel." she said while still sobbing.

Nawala ang antok ko dahil doon.

"Cherby what happened?" I asked.