TWO

*SUPER FLASHBACK*

I was reading a book when I heard a sudden knock on my door. I didn't bother answering kasi I know who that is without a doubt.

Secret doorknock ni Biik at ni Kuya. Always five knocks with a tune.

Then the door opened and I pretended like I haven't heard anything.

"Biik?" Kuya called. "Biik may ikukwento ako." then he rushed to my bed and jumped on it kaya tumingin na ko sa kanya.

"Kuya ano ba ang ayos ayos ng bed ko ginugulo mo!" sigaw ko sa kanya saka sya marahan na sinipa sa braso.

"Shh! Wag ka munang magulo! May ikukwento ako!" saway nya sa akin saka pinalo ang binti ko.

"Chismoso. If it's not about Mommy then I'm not interested." I said.

Mom's been missing for a month. Without any reason at all. We just woke up one morning and she's nowhere to be found. It wasn't easy because she's a hands-on full time Momma. We miss her love and care, we miss her foods. We miss her as a whole, a lot.

For a week then, I slept at my brother's room because I keep on crying every night. You see, I'm a Momma's girl. Even Kuya is a Momma's boy. I didn't even see this coming. How come we survived a month without her? I was expecting the house to burn down the minute me and my Kuya stepped inside the kitchen.

"Can't you just listen first you little--"

"What? Little what?" I asked but after two seconds and he didn't answer, I'm already shouting for my Dad.

He panicked and suddenly covered my face with a pillow as he slammed me on my bed. "You want me dead huh? You little--"

I hit the bed multiple times as I pretend that I can't freakin' breathe. So he immediately took the pillow off and pulled me up while shaking my shoulders. "Damn it Rebel are you alright?"

"I'm dead on the inside. Murderer." I joked.

We spent minutes of laughing for petty reasons and when we chilled, he sighed and looked at me seriously.

"Honestly though, I think something's wrong." he said.

"Of course something's wrong. Mom's missing."

"Are you sure Dad's trying to find her?"

"Well-- yeah. Of course? She's his wife?" state the obvious.

"Dad haven't cried before because of the matter, but then last night while I was sneaking foods inside my room? I heard him cry. His door was a bit opened and he's definitely crying like, yo. He's so sad."

I sighed because the thought that Daddy's crying makes me wanna cry too.

"You can only push someone so far until they reach their own breaking point. Everybody feels weak sometimes. Maybe he misses Mom." sagot ko.

"I think so too. And I miss her too." he said as he moved beside me saka ako inakbayan.

"I miss her a lot. But you know what? I'm so happy that you're here Kuya. I don't feel alone." narinig ko ang mahinang pagtawa nya saka nya pinisil ang pisngi ko gamit ang kamay sa brasong nakaakbay as akin.

"We can do this, alright? Mom will be home very soon." he whispered and I felt calm. I love my Kuya so much even though our main goal in life is to kill each other without leaving a trace of clues.

Days passed and my board exam day came. Dad and Kuya canceled their meetings para lang maihatid ako sa venue. They never forgot to remind me of some encouraging words and they kept on saying that they are so proud of me.