Chapter 2 - The Invite

Chapter 2

"So how was the meeting with MB?" Blyss asked me. I was on the phone to her whilst I was slumbering on the sofa in my living room.

"It was really good! The boys were charming, fun and funny. Arghh they were just amazing, Blyss! AMAZING"

"I can imagine" she laughed. "Isn't it funny how you said one day, you would have the pleasure of interviewing them and nobody believed you? Except me of course"

"I know right? It is weird. And now everyone wants to be my friend simply because I pursued my dream of becoming one of the most successful music journalists out there and correction, you did not believe me so please SHAT APP"

We burst into a fit of laughter. 'SHAT APP' was something we used to say back at school. High School - the good old days.

"Well, Nicks I've got to get going. I have a big meeting with a big client tomorrow"

"B, I'm your client, you dumbarse! you can stay on the phone for a little bit longer" Blyss was an event organiser and I had hired her to plan the annual 'Rhymer Party'.

"I know you're my client but this negro wants to sleep!"

"Dude, you're white"

"I know, but black girls seem to have more fun"

"Yeah, you DO need some sleep so Imma leave you to go to bed"

She laughed "Thank you! Bye, I'll see you tomorrow morning"

"Goodnight"

"Night"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- The next day (Prodigy)

Today, we were in Leicester Square being interviewed by Max at ChoiceFm. Every time we came to London, we had an interview with her and it had become part of the normal routine.

"Boys, hello! How are you? It's been a long time" she said.

"We're good, thanks how are you? It has been like forever!" Prince said.

We talked some more. Answering questions about the upcoming album, twitter questions, our favourite songs; the usual.

"So, the annual 'Rhymer Party' is coming up, are you guys going?" Max asked.

"We're not sure but I hope we are!" Roc replied enthusiastically.

"Yeah, we'd all love to go but Prod would love it even more than any of us!" Ray winked at me.

"Ooooo Prodigy is there a special reason as to why you'd like to go?" Max raised her eyebrows.

Princeton chipped in "It's to do with a person, if you catch my drift"

"Oh, I see, a girl" Max said as she laughed.

I raised my head to speak up in my defence but Max interrupted me.

"Let me guess: could this "person" be the stunning, prestige Nicky B?"

Damn. She was good.

Again, I was about to speak but this time I was interrupted by Ray.

"Of course it is Max! Who else would it be? Keke Palmer?!"

Everyone, including Max, erupted into laughter at thought of me crushing on Keke. I would never get with her.

"Well, you heard it here first; Prodigy has a crush on Nicky B - The Critic. So Nicks, if you're listening, he wants you"

They burst out into laughter again and this time, I just sat there speechless. I didn't even admit to liking her but then again, I didn't exactly deny it either so this was my own fault.