58 (November 30th, 1975)

BRIAN'S POV

As Freddie was the one who volunteered to search for John, Roger and I decided to go home.
I could see how done Roger was with everything, so I made the decision not to bother him with that topic anymore and just stayed silent as we were walking back to my flat.
It wasn't that far from the Hammersmith Odeon, about a 30 minutes' walk, and we both needed some fresh air after all that uproar. So, we preferred to enjoy the ill-lit atmosphere of the London alleys instead of calling a taxi.

It was a beautiful night, the sky was clear, glooming in a dark blue undertone and the air was icy cold and crisp.
The only thing that bothered me about London at such wonderful nights was, that the artificial lights, coming from the street lights and shop windows, from the homes and the car headlights, were scaring away the stars in the sky, leaving it empty and blue and lonely.

It reminded me of myself a few weeks, no, just a few days back, actually.
But during that time of depression and sadness, during that darkness and that empty feeling crushing my chest, deep inside, I still knew that the stars were still there like little dots of hope in those endless dimensions of despair.

We were walking next to each other, Roger was staring at the ground, he seemed sad.
I could tell that the whole situation with John was bothering him to a huge extent and of course I wasn't happy about that.
One could actually call me jealous, yes, I admitted it.
I was extremely jealous of John, that Roger seemed to think more about him than he did about me, even though the thoughts he dedicated to John weren't positive ones, I could imagine.

My hand was right next to his, the rhythm of our walking causing them to touch each other slightly every once in a while.
My heart started beating slightly faster as I took his hand very carefully and gently and I faced the other direction, expecting Roger to pull his hand away, because I knew that he wasn't feeling well and he probably wasn't in the mood for a romantic and kitschy Bri at the moment.
But he tightened his hand around mine instead, not saying anything.

We kept walking in silence, our hands intertwined.
At the road junction just a few streets away from my flat, I pulled him into a different direction.
I wanted to distract Roger from his thoughts of guilt and disappointment. That's why I wanted to take him to my favourite place near London.

"Hey, what are you doing?!" I heard Roger hiss as he tried to separate from my grip out of surprise.
"Just wait, I have to show you something." A smile formed on my face as my thumb stroked over the back of Roger's bruised and abraded hand.
"Where are we going?"
"You'll see!"
I started walking faster and faster and soon Roger had to run to keep up with the big steps I took towards a the next underground station.
I hadn't taken the London Underground since the Moorgate accident in February that year, but I really wanted to show Roger that place, especially since starry nights were very rare in England.

We hopped onto the tube going towards Baker Street, it was actually the last one going there until six a.m. but for once I decided not to think about the consequences and just live for the moment.

Roger gazed at the stops above the entrance with a raised eyebrow and flung one leg over the other one. "Baker Street, huh?" His eyes met mine as he caught me looking at his mesmerizing face. 
"Are you kidnapping me? Where are we going? It's way too late to use the tube!"
I chuckled. "I want to show you a nice place. Trust me, it'll be great."

We jumped off at Baker Street, leaping towards The Regent's Park.
Roger had trouble following me and kept shouting: "Slow down! Slow down, goddammit!"

After what felt like an hour but must have been about ten minutes, I stopped, staring at the Boating Lake from the Bandstand.
Roger let his hands fall onto his thighs, panting heavily. "Your legs are way too long, that's inhumane!"

The view was astonishing; the stars were shining bright, now visible, surrounded by only a few trees and not by the usual grey and bleak concrete buildings, and their reflection on the deep black water was equally breathtaking. - It seemed like an endless horizon, full of stars and planets, was surrounding us.

Roger fell silent from his nagging as his eyes lit upon the view. He stepped next to me, his eyes looking over the lake and the sky, then his gaze wandered towards me.
"Wow... it's.. it's beautiful!"
I just nodded and smiled.

I let myself sink to the ground, covered in withered, brown grass.
There were no people around, we were by ourselves.
Just a slight breeze was accompanying us that night.
Roger sat down next to me, laying his head onto my shoulder.

ROGER'S POV

I was nearly tearing up as we sat there in silence, enjoying the starry sky.
I really appreciated Brian's attempts to make me feel better.
He loved star gazing, so he probably thought it would cheer me up as well - which it did, surprisingly.
And after all those arguments, those horrible situations, those failures and those betrayals, - he was still there for me and gave me his love.
Even though those three little words didn't cross his lips that often - I could still feel his love for me and I was so glad for it.
He probably didn't even know how glad I was to call myself his lover.

"Brimi..." I whispered silently, wrapping an arm around his'.
"Yes?" His gaze didn't move as he was still staring at the sky.
"Thank you."
Now he actually peeked at me, frowning slightly.
"What for?"
"For loving me."

Suddenly, Brian started chuckling. He faced away from the lake just to look at me, - then he stopped.
His hand reached for my cheek, sliding over it gently. His hand was so soft and warm.
"You know, your eyes are much more beautiful than the sky..."
I couldn't hold back my laughter after hearing that immensely mawkish sentence from Brian.
The tall one blushed immediately and pulled his hand back.
"Sorry, I- that was stupid. I just tried to be romantic. Stop laughing!" I could see how embarrassed and nervous he was which I liked a lot. I liked a vulnerable Brian.

My laughter turned into a smirk, as I grabbed his cheeks and pulled his face towards mine.
As our foreheads were touching and I was staring right into his eyes I let go of his cheeks.
"Good, because else I would have been jealous of that damn sky!" I grinned and pressed my lips against his, closing my eyes.
I felt Brian's soft hand against my cold cheek again as he reciprocated the kiss and the night seemed to be endless, unaffected by time and space.
It was just the two of us, together forever.

THE END.