4 (August 9th, 1975)

BRIAN'S POV

The situation didn't get better in the late evening either as Freddie declined Roger's suggestion of putting his car song on the B-side of our new extraordinary song and going-to-be-hit Bohemian Rhapsody which was a masterpiece by the way.

Roger wasn't so easy to work with, though. As always in an argument he was being the most stubborn creature on this planet and I nearly choked on my evening tea as he actually - out of protest - locked himself up in a cupboard.

Freddie put a hand on his face and sighed deeply.
"Roger... Are you fucking serious right now?" he asked as he put his fists into his hips, awaiting Roger's answer.

The drummer, locked up in the cupboard by now muttered some unidentifiable words, then shouted: "I am not coming out until you agree on putting I'm in love with my car on the B-side!"

Freddie rolled his eyes. "Darling, look, that song is fucking ridiculo-" "IT'S NOT! IT'S GENIUS! GET OVER IT!!"

Deaky had left us as soon as the argument had begun. He hated situations like this and arguments in general.
That made me the only sensible person in the room right now.

I looked at Freddie and smiled a little. "Come on, Freddie. Just put that stupid song on the B-side already.." I mumbled.
Freddie crossed his arms and sighed once again.
It actually seemed like Roger would hold his word and stay in that cupboard until Freddie did what he wanted.

The cupboard was really small, I wondered how Rog could even fit in there.. At the same time I was worried that he would hurt himself somehow. Splinters or something. Not that it would make a difference on his hands as they were usually full of wounds from drumming.

"Fine!" Freddie exclaimed, throwing his hands and head in the air. "It's gonna be on the B-Side! Now, come out of that stupid cupboard and let me go to bed, it's past twelve already!"

A quiet but sincere "yayy!" could be heard from the cupboard, then the silence returned.
A couple of moments passed, then Roger started cursing.
"Shit, I'm stuck.."
Freddie shook his head in disappointment and just left the kitchen, heading towards his room.
"Uhm... Fred? Bri? .. Help.."
I sighed and walked towards the cupboard. As soon as I was standing in front of it it flung open and a small Roger crawled outside on his hands and knees.
I looked down on him and leaned a hand against my hip bone.