23 (August 27th, 1975)

BRIAN'S POV

I woke up as the sun leaked through the curtains of my room.
With a quiet moan I turned over towards the clock;
twenty past ten a.m.
I've slept for about six hours and I was still tired but I knew that my thoughts wouldn't let me fall asleep again.
I sighed as the memories from last night returned.
I felt the pain in my chest... Of Roger just kissing another Person.
I couldn't decide if the fact that it had been Deaky calmed me down a bit or made me even more furious.

I knew for sure that Deaky wouldn't do something like that on purpose.. And Roger.. well, Roger has had many partners up until now and he has often betrayed them whilst being drunk.

But I never blamed him for it up until now because most of the time he couldn't even remember the people he had been seduced by.
He only betrayed his girlfriends in a very very drunk state - like last night; not on purpose and if he found out about it he would feel really bad for days afterwards.

I got up and after dressing myself and washing my face I decided to go to the kitchen to have some breakfast.
I was very hungry.

Freddie was already in the kitchen, making himself some tea and buttering some toast.
I didn't feel the urge to say good morning but as he sang a pretty happy "Gooood morning~" I returned a flat "g'morning.."
I was feeling pretty down, obviously.

Freddie started talking to me, I didn't really listen to him, though. I just nodded and hummed a  little as to stay polite and give him at least some kind of answer.
Right as I started to put some honey on my toast, Deaky entered the room.

I suddenly felt some kind of dislike towards him.
I quickly looked away and concentrated on my toast.
He entered the kitchen smiling, the dark circles under his eyes though were very prominent and his hair was a mess.
He wasn't even dressed properly; he was just wearing his boxers and a tank top.
His hang over was clearly visible.

"How are you, darling?" Freddie asked the youngest member of the band in a sweet voice.
Deaky was still smiling and nodded slightly. "Actually, pretty good!"
Sure.
I could basically feel his head ache. He looked demolished.

He grabbed a mug and filled it with cold milk, then he started to sip on it.
"You know, last night was amazing!"

I raised my eyebrows and looked at the brown haired boy in disbelieve.

What did he just say? He actually liked making out with my boyfriend?

He continued: "I've met the most beautiful girl I've ever seen! She was tall and blond and her eyes were amazing! They were so pretty and blue."

I glanced over at Freddie who was also looking at me with an embarrassed smile.
I did a hand gesture as to demonstrate the singer that he should tell him the truth.
I really didn't want to do that because I would've destroyed Deaky's world and my own as well.

Freddie snickered, then he put his elbow on the kitchen counter. He let his chin sink into his hand and stared at Deaky with a broad smirk on his lips.
"Oh, dear, that wasn't a girl. That was Roger."

Silence filled the whole kitchen after Freddie's confession.
I saw how Deaky's eyes started to grow bigger and bigger as Freddie's words were slowly sinking into his mind, then he chocked on his milk and started to cough.
"Wait, wh- what...?" he rasped after he had caught some air again.
He blushed more and more until his cheeks were glowing red.
"It was Roger? Wait, how... How drunk was I?"  He buried his face im his hands.

As Roger entered the kitchen, Deaky jumped up and ran out of the kitchen.
We could hear his room's door fall into the frame and him locking it.

I felt sorry for Deaky, kind of. But his reaction was also quite amusing.
The grin on my face disappeared though, as my view fell onto Roger.
"What's up with him?" The blonde asked confused whilst pointing towards Deaky's direction with his thumb.
Freddie just shrugged and took a bite of his toast. I looked at Roger with the darkest gaze possible.

As Roger noticed my horrible mood, he seemed even more confused.
He tried to smile at me.
I didn't smile back which made him frown.
The drummer wandered towards the cuoboard and took out a mug. He put a tea bag in it and filled it with hot water, then he sat down opposite of me.
That's when I stood up and left, leaving my toast behind.

I couldn't even get to the door as I heard Roger's voice behind me: "What's wrong?"
I stopped and after a few moments I decided not to sulk any longer and just express my anger.
I turned towards him.
"I need to talk to you. Can you join me in my room? Now?"
Roger looked at me with a surprised face and just nodded slowly.
He had no clue at all, it seemed like.

I hurried upstairs and disappeared into my room. I opened the window and let myself sink into the chair next to my desk.
What should I say to him? I wanted to confront him with his stupid behaviour and call him a fuck boy but that wouldn't be right.
No. I would confront him with his drinking problem.
That argument would probably hit his weak spot. And out of vanity he would stop drinking for a while.
Yes, that was something Roger would do; stop drinking at all because I told him he has a problem.

I flipped one leg over the other and crossed my arms.
Then I waited.