22 (August 27th, 1975)

BRIAN'S POV

There were so many people!
I struggled to push through them to get to Roger and John.
As I finally got to them, I pulled Roger away from John violently.

"Roger!?" I shouted into his face, holding him by his collar. "What kind of bullshit are you trying on me!?"
My heart was pounding heavily as I stared at him, not knowing how I should feel about it.
Roger just looked at me and smirked.
He smirked.

My eyes narrowed.
"Okay, that's it!" I pushed him back and he fell into the bench. "That's it, Roger, it's over!" My eyes filled up with tears which I held back.

"Bri, whaaat's wrong?" He babbled, lying there just the way he landed on the bench.
I could smell his alcohol breath even from there and I could also see that he wouldn't be able to get home on his own anymore.
Same with Deaky, who just sank to the ground and sat there, nearly falling asleep.

"Oh god..." I whispered to myself, facepalming as I saw the two of them like this.
How could anyone let themselves go like that?

The fact that they were drunk like that wasn't an excuse, though.
Roger just betrayed me, even though he probably couldn't remember anything anymore by tomorrow.

Deaky had fallen asleep by now. Or at least I hoped that he was just sleeping.
I rolled my eyes and lifted the bass player onto the bench again.
I didn't want people to stumble over him.

I looked at Roger with a cold gaze.
"Are you happy now??" I asked shouting because the music was quite loud and I was really angry.

Now Roger didn't react anymore either.
He was just sitting there, half lying even, staring into the distance and I could see that he was trying not to throw up.

We had to bring those idiots home, that was for sure.
I looked over at Freddie - who was accompanied by some girls by now.
He was having fun and I didn't want to destroy him having a good time but I was clearly overwhelmed by the two heavily drunk younger members of our band.

I looked back and forth between Freddie and the boys... Then I decided to get Freddie and bring them home.
"You two stay here! Okay?" I put a hand on Roger's shoulder and looked at him as he was still awake unlike Deaky. "Don't move!"
He slowly looked up at me, his eyelids even heavier than usual.
He looked as if he wanted to say something, but instead he just threw up onto the ground.
I stepped back and sighed.

We had to get out of here as soon as possible.

I sprinted over to Freddie, pushing away all the people around me.
God, there were so many people!
Finally, I could grab Freddie's arm. I pulled him towards me but I was stopped by Paul.

I looked at the man and my gaze darkened.
"What do you want?" I hissed.

He just smirked at me and pushed me away from Freddie.

"What do you want? Freddie's having fun, don't you dare to disturb him!"

I frowned in confusion. Since when did Paul decide for Freddie?
My eyes narrowed.
"Well, I need Freddie right now." I tried to explain in an annoyed voice but as polite as I could stay. "We need to bring those idiots home, they're completely wasted. Deaky has already passed out."

Paul didn't really listen to me, though. He was even talking to someone else.
As he had finished his conversation with that girl, he turned towards me and simply shrugged.
"None of Freddie's problems, I suppose." He raised an eyebrow. "And none of yours either, Brimi?"
Then, he simply turned away and returned to Freddie.

I felt completely lost. What should I do? I needed to bring Rog and Deaky home.

None of my business, Paul said.
Well, of course it was my business! We were more than just a band! We were a family! And Roger was my boyfriend. Well... until now.

I didn't know if I should break up or not.
I was completely heart-broken and I felt horrible.
But I also knew that he was too drunk to know what he was doing.. And I couldn't change my feelings for him. I still loved him.
I decided to wait until tomorrow. I sure hoped he had a good explanation for this incident.
And I never wanted to hear him complain about me not loving him ever again.

I glanced over at the boys to make sure they were still there and okay.
They were both asleep by now, their heads leaning against each other on the bench.
Good.

Once again, I reached out to Freddie, just pushing Paul away with my hips.
He didn't dare to say anything this time as I got Freddie's attention.
He danced towards me and laughed.
"Brian! Come on, let's dance!"

Everyone around us was dancing, Freddie caught the whole crowd with his sassiness and good mood.
I was the only one standing there like a pole, not moving at all and panicking over Roger and Deaky. I tried to explain to Freddie why we had to leave right now but the people around us were so incredibly loud, Freddie couldn't understand a word I was saying.
So I simply grabbed his face and turned it towards the two sleeping band members.

The only thing Freddie said, though, was a touched "Aww!" whilst pressing a hand against his chest. Then he simply continued to dace with the others.

I couldn't believe what was happening.
And I couldn't think of a solution either. I was done with my nerves and I slowly returned to Roger and Deaky.
Maybe I could bring them home by myself.
I decided to try it.
The farm wasn't far away after all and we had a car.
Freddie could stay here with Paul.
I sure was tipsy myself but driving was still a better idea than dragging home two drunk idiots on foot.