1

i sat down and a guy in blue sits next from me.
he looked very familiar. he went here last year. thats right, oh-what-was-his-name-again?

annie
late august, 2019

it was the day that summer had ended. no more staying up late, no more past 4am facetime calls anymore. the first day of being a freshman at attaway high.

i had goosebumps even by thinking of it. my morning routine was as usually-unlike waking up at 3pm anymore.

i was waiting by the bus stop by jayden "its taking longer then usual," i started. "yeah it should've been here 8 minutes ago" she replied.

finally! the bus came, i sat next to her.
we arrived at a bus stop near the school, "well heres our stop, i hope we have at least one class together." i sighed "i hope." she waved looking back at me.

i was an inch away from the schools property. as i took that step my heart began racing. this-cant-be-so-bad. i thought,  i checked into the office and got my schedule, my first class was art, at the back of the paper i seen a sticky note which had my locker combination on it with a dumb smiley face.

i was running up the stairs unconscious for the people around me, bumping someone on the shoulder "watch it" she remarked.

after a few minutes the second bell rang, i had to ask this staff member where the art room was since ive never been here before. i heard a voice that said "you must be annie welcome!"
i looked up. it was mrs. sanchez, i take my earbuds out. i let out the words "pleasure to meet you- you are?" i asked "my name is mrs. sanchez please find a seat." her calming voice made me feel welcome. i sat in the corner of the room, since no one had asked me to be in their group so i felt left out. i knew no one in this class. i decided to go up to this one girl named dylan who was sitting by herself with her head down. "heres a weird question, could i be in your group i don't have many friends here." i chuckled "me neither, but consider me as your friend."

"okay class times up what have you drawn on your canvases?" i looked at the blank long canvas, we seriously got nothing done in the past 80 minutes "whoops" she said. i laughed "well i'm glad i got to get to know you." i walked out of class, looking at my schedule, second period is math. i sat down and a guy in blue sits next from me.
he looked very familiar. he went here last year. thats right, oh-what-was-his-name-again? i shoved up between madison and jayden pulling up a chair. "hey whos the guy in blue?" i asked "that guy?" madison pointing at the guy i was referring to.

from the corner of my eye i felt to eyes staring at me. i look, it was asher looking straight at me, i glance. "what!?" i stuttered "oh i'm sorry, my names a- before he finished his sentence jayden pulled me to the side "cmon annie lets go sit with lauren." she said "sure." i respond

__________________
cherish- the author:

this is such a flop