Warming Up

The weather was getting colder in Thomas's house and it was affecting Deceit. Everytime he was summoned, he was shivering and falling asleep.

The last time he was summoned, he stayed back as the sides went back to the mind palace.
"Did you need to talk to me?" Thomas asked as Deceit looked around the room.

"Yes, is it okay if I take a nap here?" He was shivering as he spoke. "I am so cold that I cannot properly lie and it is making me weak."

"Sure, let me go get some blankets for you."
He walked out as Deceit opened up the curtains and curled up in the sunlight. Thomas walked back into the room and  took a picture before covering Deciet with a pile of blankets. Then, he summoned Patton.

"Hey kiddo! What's up besides the sky?"

"Shh." Thomas pointed to the sleeping snake side. "What is wrong with Deceit?"

"Inside the mindscape, we don't have heat or actual light. The temperature is affected by how you are feeling." Logan said as he popped up. "The weather has gotten you feeling cold so the mindscape is a snowy wonderland right now, even though it is actually not that cold. But it feels like that to you. Deciet is cold-blooded just like snakes. So his body cannot handle the mindscape temperature."

"Please tell me that you took a picture." Patton said as he took Deceit's hat off and set it on a nearby table.

*

A few days later, Virgil came out of the mindscape to play games on Thomas's phone and to check his Tumblr. However, his favorite spot was taken by the sleeping noodle. He was about to push him off until he noticed how dead asleep he was.

So he carefully lifted Deceit's head and put it on his lap. He was playing on the phone with one hand and the other was playing with Deceit's hair. He posted one picture of the sleeping snake and said it was just Thomas resting during video production.

*

Logan was sitting in front of the window, using the sunlight to read a book, and Deceit came into the room.

"Can I not sleep here?" After the few days of warm naps, he started lying again but he still looked tired. "Or do you like some company?"

"Come over but bring a blanket. It is still slightly cold."

Instead of curling up next to Logan, he chose to curl up around Logan with his head on Logan's lap. Logan carefully covered both of them with the blanket to stay warm. So it was very interesting when Thomas came into the room.

"Today is your turn?"

"Yes. Could you please hand over a pillow, this wall is hurting my back."

After getting a pillow, they stayed in that position until nightfall. Then, Logan, sank back into the mindscape, into his room and shifted Deceit's position so they could both sleep.

*

When the weather started to warm back up, Deceit was still found in random spots napping but not as much. Whenever Thomas had a video that didn't involve him, he was found sleeping out of the camera's view. It made some funny behind the scenes bloopers as Talyn and Joan would play the stacking game with the sleeping side.

Now, everyone knows to stock up with blankets whenever Deciet's lies started to slow down.