Even though Aurora was disappointed she couldn't see her family on Christmas, she was also glad the Ball happened as if it didn't she wouldn't be standing in the Gryffindor common room at just after 1am in the morning, her lips locked with Fred's. 

When the couple pulled away once again they both sat down on the couch, Aurora watched as the fire roared whilst Fred put his arm around her shoulders, bringing her closer to his body and kissing her head sweetly. 

Aurora couldn't help but smile as she snuggled her head into his shoulder, her arms wrapping themselves around his torso as they sat quietly watching the blazing fire. 

★★★★

'Come seek us where our voices sound,

We cannot sing above the ground,

And while you're searching, ponder this:

We've taken what you'll sorely miss,

An hour long you'll have to look,

But past an hour- the prospect's black

Too late, it's gone, it won't come back.'

Aurora reread the song over and over again as Harry, Ron and Hermione watched her carefully. She abruptly stood up and walked away from the trio, her long hair swishing around her shoulders as she walked through the aisles of the library.

"Is she gonna come back?" Ron asked looking at Harry and Hermione with a confused expression.

Aurora did come back incredibly quick, Harry spotted her first as she manoeuvred through the library holding a book in her hands. The black haired witch sat next next to her God-brother and placed the book down so that he could finally see the title, 'Fantastic Beasts and where to find them' by Newton Scamander.

Aurora opened the book and instantly turned to the page she wanted and cleared her throat grabbing the attention of Hermione and Ron, the latter who whispered "When did she get back?" to the bushy haired girl.

"The oldest recorded merpeople were known as sirens (Greece) and it is in warmer waters that we find the beautiful mermaids more frequently depicted in Muggle literature and painting. The selkies of Scotland and the Merrows of Ireland are less beautiful, but they share that love of music which is common to all merpeople." Aurora read out loud before she looked up to see the trio looking confused.

"Mermaids?" Ron asked, "I didn't know there were mermaids in the Black Lake."

Aurora nodded, "Of course there are, Ron, we're wizards that go to a magical school and yet you don't believe that there could be mermaids in our waters?" She said, "Next you'll be telling me you haven't seen the Giant Squid."

"The what now?" Ron sputtered, his eyes wide in shock as he looked back and forth between Aurora and Hermione.

"Do we even go to the same school?!" Aurora sarcastically asked before she turned to look at Harry, raising her eyebrow up.

"I've never seen it but Hagrid told me," Harry admitted causing Ron to make a noise and throw his arms up in the air.

"Anyways," Aurora said, "It's pretty simple, Harry, the merpeople have or are going to take something of yours and you've got an hour to find it."

"In the Black Lake?"

"In the Black Lake," Aurora nodded her head confirming.

"What are they going to take?" Ron asked.

"That's not what Harry should be worried about right now!" Hermione exclaimed, "He needs to find a way of breathing underwater for an hour."

Harry and Ron looked from Hermione to Aurora who nodded her head, "Exactly what Hermione said. The thing that they're going to take should be the least of your worries right now, Harry."

Harry sighed loudly and banged his head down onto the table in frustration.

Aurora opened her mouth to speak but before she could form any words Professor Moody strolled over, "Professor McGonagall wants to see Miss Black and Miss Granger....Immediately."

Aurora furrowed her eyebrows and shared a confused look with Hermione; who too looked puzzled. She patted Harry on the shoulder comfortingly, "I'll see you later, yeah?" she asked him.

He lifted his head up and nodded at the black haired girl before she stood up from her seat and made her way out of the library with Hermione besides her. 

"You should get some sleep, Potter, the second challenge is tomorrow," Professor Moody commented, his glass eye boring into Ron making him shiver under the stare, "Here's Neville, he'll help you put your books away," and with that the Professor glanced down at Harry briefly before pushing Neville (who was walking past) towards the spectacled boy.