"Yeah, how could I forget?" I whispered and let out a stifled laugh. How can you be so stupid, Sydney? Noah's voice was ringing in my head again and again about how he doesn't believe in love and relationships. About how much better it is to have variety in life than to spend it with one single person. Oh, no. Why did I do this?

"Hey, Syd!" Scar was waving her hand in front of my face. "Why are you so lost? Here, your coffee," she handed the cup to me. 

Ally was already sitting over there, and Scar sat next to her. "Okay, Syd, we have something to tell you," Ally said.

I shook all thoughts of Noah away and sat down. "Yeah, tell me, what's up?" I put on a smile.

She seemed very excited and cheery. "Both of our designs got selected. We both are going to the fashion show," they both squealed.

I got up and hugged them. "Oh my god, guys! That's fabulous. Congratulations. I'm so happy for y'all!" I truly was. There was no one who deserved it more than them. I had seen how hard they both had worked for this. "I've got class. See you later?" I told them.

They nodded, and I left before Noah made it to the cafe. The whole day passed in a blur. I barely paid attention to anything the professor said. All I could think about was Noah with Abigail. It was evening, and I entered the cafe since no one was in there. Everyone had class. I was sitting there and overthinking about the whole thing when I felt someone sit next to me. 

It was Tiffany. She had a muffin in her hand! Tiffany never eats anything sweet. Wow, was today like reveal-your-true-self day or something? 

"Hey, Lewis, what you doin' here alone? Shouldn't you be with Noah right now?" she smirked at me, and just like that, I knew Noah told her about the kiss.

"Yeah, I don't think that's happening anytime soon," I looked the other way.

"What?" she said aloud and then reduced her voice. "But y'all--"

"Kissed, I know," I cut her off. "But, apparently Noah is talking to Abigail when he promised Scar he wouldn't."

She sat straight. "Okay, don't judge him before listening to his side of the story. Maybe it's nothing like what you're thinking," I scoffed when she said that.

"I know what kind of reputation he has. But I've said it before, and I'll say it again, he can be a real pain in the ass sometimes, but that idiot would give his life if he cares, and trust me, he really cares about you," My mind was flooded with images of Noah and Abigail making out and nothing Tiffany was saying was making those images go away.

"Look. He doesn't find something like this very often. Don't break his heart, Lewis," she picked up her bag and left after saying that.

I saw that it was dark outside and I went over to Steph. "Hey Steph, do you mind if I go up?"

"You know I'm never gonna say no," she smiled at me. 

I went to the rooftop, and it was so peaceful over there. I thought about what Tiffany said, and the thing was I had been in committed relationships, but that wasn't Noah's scene. He didn't seem like one of those people who would like to be tied to one person. I sighed, thinking about how great my luck was. I was sitting with my back facing the door and my knees caged by my forearms, aimlessly staring at the black sky.

"You can't just ignore me every time something happens, you know," all the nervousness came rushing back the moment I heard his voice. I didn't reply back, and he came and stood in front of me, blocking the view of the sky.

"Precious, come on, you've to talk to me sometime," he smiled hopefully, but all I could picture was him with Abigail.

"About what?" I acted completely oblivious.