Chapter_57

4 Months Later

Elliot's injury just made our family closer, minus the Kathy part. She tried to keep Eli from us, but it didn't work because we just kept calling the lawyers until she was forced into giving Elliot the time he was given during the custody hearing.

"Okay, Eli will you go and get Ellie? We need to get you two to school." I spoke, as I slipped some shoes on before work. Today is the last day of work I have before I go on leave and wait for Griffin to be born.

"Momma, are you gonna be home more now?" Ellie asked as she came into the room, and I smiled and nodded as I pulled my jacket on and reached out for Eli and Ellie's jackets.

"Yeah! Soon Griffin will be here and I'll be home here with you all for about 2 months." I smiled, as she walked over to me. I helped her into her jacket before doing the same for Eli.

"I can't wait for a little brother." Eli smiled, as he hugged my waist. I smiled before leaning down and kissing his blonde curls gently.

"Are you gonna be nicer to him than Dickie has been to you?" I mused, but Eli didn't get to respond because Elliot was walking out of the kitchen as he laughed.

Since the shooting, he has quit his job and focuses on the kids now.

"It'll be just like with my brothers. They will tease each other and fight with each other. But in the end, they will have each others' back. So, now come say goodbye to me, kids." Elliot smiled. The kids ran to him and hugged him before they ran past me to get into the car. I walked over to my husband and kissed him several times. Before I could stay out to the car, Elliot grabbed me by my waist and pulled me close.

"Have a good last day, okay? Remember that you will be back in a couple of months, Lieutenant Benson."

"Thanks, Mister Mom. The twins have appointments to get their haircut this afternoon. Both need to keep their bangs, okay?"

"Geez, okay. Don't even let me choose to give them bowl cuts." He huffed.

"My babies better still look like themselves when I see them tonight!"

<^>

After dropping the kids off at school, I headed to the precinct. When I walked in, my crew were all sitting at their desks playing computer games. We haven't been too busy lately, which was made being heavily pregnant and still a commanding officer a lot easier.

"Alright, no cake? Balloons? Nothing?" I teased, as I stood in the walkway between their desks. They all looked at me and shook their heads.

"We are happy to get rid of you, Lieu. It's been a nice run, but Fin is ready to be the CO." Carisi spoke, and I laughed softly.

"Good, because I'm ready to meet my son. But Fin, remember that this is my squad and you are just the substitute."

"Yes, sir." Fin grinned.

"Okay, so tell me if we have a case. I'm going to go through the paperwork to sign my squad over for the next few months." I spoke, before walking into my office. I shut the door and walked over to my desk. I smiled when I pulled my seat out and saw a small box wrapped in paper you'd see at a baby shower. I picked it up and sat it on my desk before sitting in my chair. I opened it slowly before reading the text on the onesie.

Momma's Little Officer

Now, it may not seem like a lot, but I was still in tears over it. I couldn't wait to meet my son, especially after what happened when I was pregnant with the last baby we lost.

I stood up and held the onesie in my hand as I walked to the door. I opened it slowly and smiled.

"Which one of you is making me cry?" I asked, and Amanda smiled.