Chapter_54

We did think that everything would go by easily. That before we knew it, we'd be bringing Griffin home and everything would be okay. But what happened, what bad stuff happened, wasn't in regards to myself or the baby, but rather in regards to Elliot's line of work. 

"They were so angry, and now I have this fucking black eye because of it." Elliot frowned, as I cleaned up a bit of blood from where a ring had cut him below his eyes.

"Honey, they lost nearly, what did you say, 20 million on this deal? They are gonna be angry because of it." I breathed softly. Elliot kept his hands placed to my hips, and he would apply a little bit of pressure to them when he was in pain.

"I think I'm going to hire a security company. Have them hang out around here and keep an eye out on the schools of the kids, daycares, your work-"

"Elliot, I'm good. I have a gun, and there are so many officers there. I'm fine with you putting a detail where the kids are." I spoke. Elliot nodded before he leaned forward a bit and rested his forehead against my shoulder.

"I have to have a meeting with them again tomorrow. I think I'm gonna find some brass knuckles to bring." Elliot spoke, and I laughed softly.

"No, you aren't. If you think they may try something, make sure security is up there." I replied. Elliot sighed before frowning.

"Let's go to bed. I'm tired."

"Okay, I'm going to check on the kids first. Make sure Eli went to bed when I told him to."

"He's probably wide awake."

"He's trouble just like you." I smiled gently before going to check on the kids.

<^>

The next morning and I went to work after dropping the girls off at daycare because their baby sitter had exams. I went into my office and started to work just like any other day. We got a case and I sent my detectives out to investigate it while I worked on paperwork and tried to find a temporary commanding officer to take over when I'm on leave. As I was leaning back a bit and resting my hand against my swell to try and calm down Griffin a bit, the door to my office opened. I looked up and pushed my glasses up to the top of my head before swallowing hard.

"Tucker, what can I help you with?" I questioned.

"Liv, I need you to come with me, okay?"

"Is something wrong?" I questioned, not moving at all.

"There is a hostage situation at a building downtown."

"I'm not going to be in harms' way, right? I can't put my son at risk." I spoke.

"No, you'll be wearing a vest and we can have you behind a barrier." He replied.

"Okay? What's happening? Should I call my team?"

"They are already there. Your case is being transferred to another unit. Grab your gun, but I'll make sure you don't have to use it." Tucker spoke, and I nodded slowly. I stood up and grabbed my gun before grabbing my phone.

"Are you sure everything is fine? Why are you calling me to a hostage situation when it doesn't involve my current case?"

"I'll tell you when we get there."

<^>

We pulled up next to several other cop cars and then Tucker helped me put the vest on. It was an awkward fit, but it was going to serve its purpose. I pulled on my NYPD jacket, and then Tucker and I headed towards where everyone was standing and surrounding the building. I looked up and felt my heart start to beat out of my chest.

"This is my husband's building. What's happening?" I asked as Fin and Amanda walked towards me.

"Liv, did something happen yesterday? The security guards said there was a fight on Elliot's floor." Fin spoke.

"One of his clients lost about 20 million on a deal that Elliot and the other partners dealt with. He punched Elliot last night, and this morning Elliot called a security company to protect the kids at their schools and the girls' daycare. Was there a distress call?" I questioned, as I looked up and saw only one set of huge windows had the curtains closed. I looked down and counted up, and knew that that was Elliot's office. It was on the 20th floor and right in front.

"There was a distress call, from Elliot's assistant. We've cleared the building and we were waiting for you to arrive and try and get in contact with them."

"Okay, just tell me what I need to do." I breathed, tearfully.

"We are going to have you call in, tell them anything that could make them feel bad for trying to take your husband's life. Bring up the baby." Tucker spoke, and tears welled in my eyes and I shook my head.

"I'm not going to be his wife when I call. I'm taking control of this, I'll be the Captain and I'll tell you what is happening. He'll take me more seriously when he doesn't think I'm trying to guilt trip him. I need a place to hide most of my body behind just in case they look out. Are the sniper set?" I asked, and Tucker didn't know what to say.

"Yeah, they are waiting for the blinds to be opened," Amanda spoke.

"I'll ask him to open them so I know that Elliot and his assistant are alive still. Are there anyone else?" I questioned.

"Three other partners." Fin spoke.

"Okay, let's get set up and I can deal with this. Tucker, shut your mouth because you shouldn't be this shocked. This is my husband we are talking about, and I'm not going to let him or anyone else in that room gets killed."

Tucker, Amanda, and Fin walked to find me a spot to set up, and I just shoved my hands into the pockets of my jacket and looked up at the window. We've been through so fucking much, that he can't just leave me now. Not when we have three kids at home and another on the way.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D