"That's not true. Your father loves us." Her tone sounds as as if she's telling herself that, not me.

"You're fucking brainwashed, like this weak bitch next to me." My anger spirals out of control.

"Rose!" My father yells.

"Dad! You can't act like nothing ever happened. I won't let you cover this up. The wound you left still bleeds too much and you bringing me back here has opened it wide." I seethe at him.

He breathes heavily and glares at me furiously.

"Get her out of here! I don't care if she starves. Lock her in that room and make sure she stays put."

"Dont worry, I'll leave myself. I hate being around you and mom anyway. It's disgusting." I get up and leave, heading towards my room.

My mind crowds itself with memories I thought I had locked away years ago. I can't even think straight.

I need you Ryder.

Your warmth, your arms...

You.

I make it to my room and slam the door closed.

"Fuck!" I shout, getting on my bed and punching at my pillow.

Why am I the only one who cares? Why isn't Mom ever on my side? How does she still love him? How?!

I'm going crazy.

The door quickly opens and shuts, interrupting my thoughts. Caleb stands at my door, looking down.

"Get the fuck out. Just leave me alone! Can't I have even minute to myself?!" I scream, losing it still.

"Am I really just a weak bitch to you?" He whispers, looking up at me.

I sigh. Thats why he's here. To explain why he's not.

"Yes, you are."

He flinches like I hit him and begins walking towards me.

I'm not in the mood for any games today, if he touches me, I'm swinging.

He sits next to me like yesterday and says nothing.

I really hate this guy.

"What can I do to become more to you?" He breathes.

I pause. What?

"What are you saying?"

"I'll do anything you want me to. I'm tired of being the one everyone uses. I'm tired of being weak. I want to become worthy of you. I want to be strong. I'm supposed to be everything you want, but I've failed again and again, letting myself be used by your father and mine. I'm yours Rose, but the more I think about it, I don't deserve you."

"So...?" I wait.

"I can't let you suffer like this anymore. If I'm going to be used, I want it to be by you. I love you, Rose. More now that I've met you and even more knowing you're completely different from what they told me. They had you all wrong, but I still want you. I want to be on your side." He looks into my eyes sincerely and I blink.

Biting my lip, my emotions run into a conflict.

All I want to do is tell him to fuck off but I can use this. He wants me to use him.

But for what?

"What do you want?" I ask.

He smiles and grabs onto my hand, squeezing tightly. Depending on what he says next, I might break his wrist or just leave his hand there.