He hadn't sung in eleven years?

"Christ. Eleven years? That's way too long," I said.

"Yeah, losing your mom makes you wanna give up the loveliest of things," I went still as he said that and didn't know how to respond so I kept quiet. "Anyway, don't tell anyone. Even Scar doesn't know, and I don't really want anyone to know right now," he requested.

"Shame. I just posted it on the official NYU website," I smiled smugly at him.

"Kissass."

I chuckled when he said that, and so did he. "Why'd you stop? Go on."

"I sing well, don't I?" he said, owning a proud look.

"It's bearable," he knew that was my way of agreeing with him.

"I'm not used to singing for an audience," he looked down sheepishly.

What? "There's no audience! It's just me," I chuckled, shocked that Noah wasn't confident about something.

"Yeah, I know but... wanna play FIFA till they get back?" he didn't complete his sentence and completely changed the topic. But he knew I was never gonna say no for FIFA.

I didn't push him and left it at that. We came out in the room and took out the controllers. I noticed that one of the normal black ones was replaced with an army green colored one and before I could put my hand on the beautiful device, Noah already snatched it. I squinted my eyes at him, and he just gave me a cheeky smile.

"By the way, I'm glad you convinced me to give Scar and Jay a chance. They're are disgustingly in love," he said. His tongue made its way out of his lips as his eyes were glued to the screen while making the next move. I quickly shifted my gaze from his face to the TV.

"Well, what can I say? I'm always right," I stated the obvious.

"But what happens when they break up?" he tilted his head to one side and raised an eyebrow.

I paused the game and kept the controller down. "Why are you so certain that they will break up?"

"Come on, precious; you can't be in a relationship with one single person for the rest of your life, that just wouldn't work!"

"No, you can't be in a relationship with one single person but that's what the rest of us want in life," I pointed it out to him.

He folded his legs and faced me. "What do you want? No flavor? No choices? Just one single person?"

"Um yeah, that's what normal people want, Noah!"

"That's crazy! Neither girls and definitely not boys have the will power to remain loyal to their significant other," he scoffed. His firm belief in this statement of his was why he didn't want to let Jay and Scar be together.

"Well, believe it or not, love works wonders," I shrugged my shoulders.

He laughed mockingly. "Oh please, love is so overrated. All it does is hurt you," he shook his head.

I stared at him in disbelief. "So you don't believe in love as well? You don't think it exists?"

"No, that's not what I'm saying. Of course, it exists. I just don't even wanna experience all that bullshit."

I pursed my lips at him. "Let's see if you say that after you fall in love."

"Why would anybody ever want to fall in love? It makes you attached to one person and then that one person who you think is your world either ends up cheating on you or our dear God takes them away," he spit out the words with utter discontent.