Chapter 6: Monika's Guidance ( Part 2 )

Monika followed Sayori back to the club room, feeling a sudden surge of being tired. Monika kept her posture and her walking pace, but Sayori could tell Monika's eyes had a few bags under them. Sayori walked beside Monika, holding her up straight with her head and body weight.

" Eugh..thank you Sayori.. " Monika groaned, putting her hand on her head feeling a headache. " But, lets just hurry back to class. " Sayori nodded and they both quickened their pace back into the class room. They both took their seats silently.

" - And that is how I almost broke my leg!" Natsuki said proudly to everyone else before noticing Monika and Sayori had returned. " Eugh! Er.....eh...b-baka..." Natsuki put her face in her arms looking out the window with a grumpy expression.

Where have I heard that before..?

Monika chuckled slightly as Yuri pat Natsuki's back gently.

" Calm down. You know she's been through a lot. Don't be too rude.." Yuri sighed at Natsuki, making Monika feel worse. Monika put her hands over her face, frowning.

All of you need to calm down about yesterday. It was nothing..

Soon the first few periods moved by smoothly. From Language Arts to Math, to Social Studies, and to Science. monika finally could take a breather as she had a part of the day called ' Music Class.' Monika opened the door to the empty room.

" Why is the room so empty? " Natsuki question and Sayori nodded in agreement. Monika inhaled and pushed a loose strand of hair from her face.

" I have a period all to myself in this room. " Monika stated, gesturing to the many instruments and seats. " Do as you please. " As soon as Monika finished she brushed herself to the corner of the room by the window where the piano was place. She sat down on the pianos bench and rested her hands on the keys.

Monika began to play a soft song she had written herself, but she dare didn't sing the lyrics.

(THIS IS THE SONG SHE'S PLAYING -w-' )

She flowed her hands on the keys, feeling her problems melt down to her feet as the song crescendos into it's dynamic.  She shut her eyes, imagining that she was not in the world, but in her own cloud. No problems, no worries, and all of her friends were there.

Yuri, Natsuki, and Sayori. All of them were there. None was worried and none was sad. Everything was fine in Monika's cloud. She began reaching the songs mid climax, moving her hands at a faster pace. She hummed the tunes to herself as she played multiple notes and playing cobra rounds on the piano.

This is what I love. The piano...it's all I need to feel better.

Monika felt herself playing the last keys.

And if I don't know how to love you...

She hit the finale keys.

I'll leave you be.

Monika hit the finale four keys of the song before opening her eyes. She heard light clapping from behind her, starling her and making her hands slam onto the piano keys, making an ugly sound.

"Ergh!" Monika stiffened up as she heard a few chuckles from behind her.

" Don't worry Monika. Did you forget we were in the room? " Yuri asked gently, peeking over Monika's shoulders. Her hair getting all over Monika's shoulder. She gave a nervous smile.

" Just...didn't expect you guys to be listening.. " Monika fiddled with the end of her hair. Gosh, she felt so nervous. She's usually find around crowds and playing piano for people, but..these three...were a completely different story. She felt like she needed to impress them or keep her composure to make herself seem presentable.

Monika felt Sayori wrap her arms around her neck and giggle.

" It was amazing! I never heard that song before! " Sayori yelled out, hopping up and down, making Monika feel a bit overwhelmed. Monika gently pushed Sayori off and exhaled.

" I wrote it. " She said casually. The girls exchanged glances. They looked back at Monika. They all began speaking at the same time, all of them unreadable do to them trying to over power one another.

Ergh..agh..! What do I do?! I never faced this situation before!

Monika threw her hands up slightly and clapped.

" O-one at a time please..!" She yelled out gently, making the girls silence themselves. Natsuki quickly cut anyone off from going first.

" What's the song called? " Natsuki said quickly, intrigued, surprisingly. Monika handed them the paper with the lyrics and everything. They all began reading it as Monika hid her face in embarrassment. 

The girls all whispered to each other a few times and then ran at Monika giving her a group hug. They all smiled at her hugging her tightly. Monika pat their heads.

" I guess thats good. Thanks guys.. " Monika said, smiling.

She had never felt so happy with people being around her...maybe...this is love..?