Chapter 15: Questioned

Monika got up and began to pick up the pieces to the bloody vase, but as she turned around she bumped into three figures. She looked up and noticed Natsuki, Sayori, and Yuri looked down at her with a slightly nervous look. 

Oh no. Please tell me they weren't here the entire time..

" Monika, why are you holding a bloody vase...?" Natsuki asked, tilting her head but keeping her distance. Monika was about to open her mouth to speak but Yuri interrupted her.

" My question is who's blood is it. " Yuri had her arms crossed and towered over Monika with a look of sternness as if a protective parent or partner.

" Well-erm...uh..." Monika slumped down as she reached for another piece of the broken vase, but Yuri grabbed her arm.

" Monika. What happened?" Yuri said in a more stern voice, glaring at Monika. The other girls were glaring at her too with their arms crossed. Monika gulped.

Oh my god. They all scare the hell out of me.

" Someone broke in. I just defended the house, that's all. " Monika said, trying to slur her words so they couldn't understand her, but they heard her clear as day.

" Someone broke in?! " Sayori jumped up and whimpered.

" You didn't wake us UP? " Natsuki asked throwing her arms in the air.

" Shush all of you! Quit making this more complicated then it needs to be! " Monika yelled out, dropping the vase shards on the floor in tears. " Please just stop! " The other girls silenced themselves and stared at Monika.

" Our apologies. " Yuri murmured.

" Sorry.. " Sayori frowned.

" Yah, sorry-" Natsuki grumbled lowering her head.

Monika got to her feet, wiping away tears and smearing some blood on accident.

" I was protecting all of us, so that's that. It's done and over with. " Monika threw her arms to her side and looked at the floor. She refused to look at the other girls. " So can we please clean this up and forget about it?" Monika's voice was shaky.

The girls nodded and in silence they began cleaning the blood and broken objects up. Monika went up and took a shower, trying to breath regularly.

" I could have killed someone. I almost did-..I almost wanted to..." Monika whispered to herself in the shower.

" Why did I want to kill him..?"