Chapter Seventeen

Amber's P.O.V

I pulled into Ryan's driveway and hopped out.

I walked up the driveway and to the front door, ringing the doorbell.

"Amber, you don't have to ring the doorbell! Just come right on in." A voice said from the other side of the door.

"Ryan, how did you know it was me? It could've been a burglar or a serial killer with a chainsaw."

He opened the door.

"We have a peep hole!" He exclaimed, pointing to it. "And a burglar/ serial killer wouldn't ring the doorbell."

"Oh. My. God. You have a peep hole? Can I look through it? Pleeease?"

What? I've never looked through one before!

Ryan stepped outside as I went in, and I slammed the door in his face.

"Ouch." I heard him mutter.

I stood up on my tip toes and looked through. Ryan was standing very close to the hole, his face looked huge! And it looked like he had a really big nose.

"Ryan, you look like a  retard." I stated. "Well... you always do... but now you look like a HUGE retard!" I added, and he cracked up.

"Mate, I'm not the one with glasses."

"So you're saying, if I get contacts, I'll be more attractive?"

"Nope. You're fine the way you are." He said before opening the door. "Ready to go?" He added.

"I am, are you?"

"Maybe............"

"Ryan......?"

"Well I need to have a shower... and get changed... and then we can leave!"

"Rightyo I'll wait down here." I said and walked over to where Julie was, the kitchen, and sat in the seat behind the island bench.

"Hey Julie!"

"Hello Amber! When are you and Ryan going to the Ice Skating rink?"

"After he gets ready... he had half an hour to get ready but he hasn't even had a shower yet!"

"Oh ok." She continued chopping some carrots.

I was lost in my thoughts, and didn't realise I was staring at a carrot.

"Honey, you're staring that carrot down like it's prey!" Julie exclaimed after a minute of me staring at the carrots.

"Ha. Ha. Whoops. I love carrots!" I said, with a smile spread across my face.

"Would you like one?" She asked.

"Ooh! Yes Please!!" I exclaimed.

She peeled another carrot and handed it to me.

"Thanks Julie!"

I took a bite of my carrot as Ryan walked downstairs.

I've gotta admit..... He looked pretty hot!

He had a white t-shirt on which clung to his 6-pack, and dark grey jeans. His hair was wet and scruffy, his blue eyes shining with excitement and a huge smile plastered on his face. And, of course, those cute dimples!

"Let's go, Am!" He exclaimed.

I jumped out of my seat, grabbed my handbag and raced to Ryan's side.

"Cya Julie! Thanks for the carrot!" I said, waving my carrot in the air.

"Bye, guys. Have a great night, and be home before 12!"