Chapter Eleven

Amber's P.O.V

There were fairy lights dangled all around the back of his ute, in the tray. Ryan sat in the middle with a flower in his hand.

My mouth flew open in a shocked expression.

"Oh my god Ryan!" I said and he laughed.

Ryan handed me the flower, a white rose, and oak the plastic bag containing our food.

"Dinner is served!" He said as he opened the chips.

He got out two wine glasses from a bag in the back of his ute and filled them with Fanta.

"Fanta? Really?"  I asked as I climbed into the tray of his ute.

"You sad it was your favourite drink. Plus, I don't want to get you drunk so soft drink is the way to go." He replied with an adorable smile.

I laughed and he pointed to our food.

"Let's eat. I'm starving." He said.

"Let's! So am I."

We muched away on our food and chatted.

I'm finally becoming comfortable around Ryan, I thought as we finished our dinner.

Ryan reached over to a mini Esky beside him and pulled pulled out two ice-creams.

"You really must love ice-cream considering the amount of times we've had it in the last two days!" I said as I clutched the small paddle-pop stick poking out of the bottom and licked the ice-cream, "well, either that or you're trying to fatten me up."

"Maybe a bit of both," Ryan smirked and winked at me.

We chatted and laughed until the sun began to go down, when we packed up all of the things in the ute and got in the car.

"Shut your eyes." Ryan ordered after we had been driving for around 5 minutes.

"Not another surprise?"

"Just shut them."

I closed my eyes and put my hands over the top so Ryan wouldn't think I'm peeking.

"Don't peek!" He said.

"I wont!"

"Good. Oh, we're here already!"

"Good. Can I look now?" I asked, but he didn't reply.

Ryan had gotten out of the car and walked around to my side of the car, opened the door, un-did my seatbelt, and helped me out of the car.

"Move your hands. But keep your eyes closed." He said.

"Fine." I removed my hands, but his hands very soon replaced them.

"Ryan... where are you taking me?"

"We're here now. You may look." He said, removing his hands from my face.

I blinked, my eyes adjusting to the light, to see that we were on the beach. The sun had almost completely set which left a line of orange across the horizon. There was around 100 other people spread across the beach for a kilometre or so, they must've come to see the sunset.

Ryan sat  the cool sand and pulled me down next to him. A shiver shook my body and Ryan wrapped his arm over my shoulder, in a friendly way, to keep me warm. I turns and looked at his face, dark-almost black- hair, beautiful blue eyes, sharp jawlines, cute slightly chubby cheeks, lush lips and dimples indented in his cheeks due to the small smile across his face.

He turned to look at me and we locked eyes, but suddenly fireworks of all different colours shot across the sky.

"Wow, Ryan, this is amazing!" I said while mesmerised by the fireworks.

"I know. I've always loved watching fireworks over a beach. I saw a sign which said that they're on tonight and I couldn't resist!"

"Thankyou for everything tonight, Ryan."

"You're very welcome."

After the sun had completely gone down and the fireworks had finished, I turned to face him

"Ryan is this a date?" I asked, and a blush flew across his cheeks.