Chapter Twenty

Amber's P.O.V

"I'm gonna have a shower." I said, climbing out of the bed.

"Would you like me to join you?" Ryan asked.

"No thanks" I replied, grabbing my bag of clothes and walking toward the bathroom.

After the nice warm shower, I changed into a light blue loose singlet tucked into some black high-waisted shorts. I brushed my hair and pulled it into a ponytail, my long, straight hair lay down my back. I pinned back my grown-out fringe and smiled before putting on my thick, black glasses and walking out of his ensuite.

He was sitting on his bed, iPhone in hand, with a pair of board shorts and a grey shirt on.

"We're going to the beach!" He said.

"Awesome! Let's go!"

We walked downstairs holding hands and told Julie where we're going, and we then walked out to Ryan's car.

"This has been the best holidays ever, and it's only been a few days!" I exclaimed as we drove out of the driveway.

Ryan had one hand on the steering wheel and one hand intertwined with mine.

"I agree, theres still a week and a half left! Bring it on!"

We drove over to my house where I changed into my aqua bikini and put a beach-dress over the top.

A few minutes later, we arrived at the beach.

I stepped out of the car and looked down and the white/yellowish sand and the aqua water, waves crashing every few seconds.

I love Australia's beaches.

We walked toward the sand with our hands still entwined and sat down on the soft, warm sand.

"Shall we swim?" I asked.

"Sure." Ryan replied.

I took off my glasses and dress, and placed him in my bag.

Ryan smiled at me and we ran into the water, and I dived under one of the light blue waves.

I surfaced from the water, and Ryan suddenly picked me up and threw me out into the deeper water, but it wasn't too deep because I could still touch the soft sand between my toes.

He suddenly resurfaced next to me and shook his jet-black hair in my face, smiling with those cute dimples of his.

We swam in the water for at least 2 more hours, then we decided to go and get some lunch.

Luckily, there was a Fish & Chip shop across the street.

After we bought the chips, we walked up the beach to some large rocks.

Between the rocks were small rockpools where all sorts of sea animals lived.

We walked through the rocks pools and kept walking, to find some large caves perfect for a picnic.

We sat at the entry to the cave, the soft sand underneath us and the occasional wave splashing at our feet.

After we finished eating our lunch, we just sat there chatting about anything and everything, then decided to swim again.

We walked up the beach holding hands... and just as we were about to swim in the beautiful water, a group of people from school walked over to us.

"Ryan, bro! What are you doing with her?" One of his old friends asked. They used to be friends until Ryan started hanging out with me, now they hardly talk.

"I'm just spending the day on the beach with my beautiful girlfriend. Problem?" Ryan replied, making me blush.

"Girlfriend? Ew! Really?" His ex said, interrupting the conversation.

"Go away, Sarah, you and I broke up 4 months ago. And how dare you say "Ew" about Amber? She is not "ew", she is a stunning, amazing girl.. unlike you. Just because you are jealous you don't need to say rude things about my girl."

I smiled so huge, and Ryan pulled me away toward the wavey water.

"Thank you so much for sticking up for me, Ry." I said, hugging him.

"Anytime, beautiful." He replied, and crashed his lips onto mine before we swam for a while.

After leaving the beach, we went to Ryan's place to pick up my stuff to go back to my house.

"I don't want to leave!" I exclaimed as I packed up all of my stuff.

"I don't want you to leave!" He replied.

Julie then walked into Ryan's room and said; "You can stay for longer if you'd like, Amber."

"Thanks Julie, and I would love to but I think I should get back home for a while. I'll definitely stay here another time before the end of the holidays." I replied.

"Ok sweetie, well you're welcome whenever!"

"Thank you very much, Julie" I said and smiled.

* * *

The rest of the holidays went so fast, and before I knew it we were back at school.

All that my year were talking about was the Year 12 formal coming up the next week, I wasn't very excited for it.

On the first day of school, at lunchtime, Ryan and I were sitting down talking when a girl came over and stood next to me.

"Hi, I'm Rachel... we are in the same Maths class. Could I sit with you?" She asked.

Rachel has short, blonde hair and blue eyes. Everyone knows she is an amazing ballet dancer, she sometime travels for international competitions and is the best dancer in her age group in the whole world! Rachel usually sits with only one friend, who moved schools. Rachel is a very nice girl who gets along with many people.

"Of course you can! I'm Amber and this is my boyfriend Ryan. Sit down!" I replied, smiling, and I patted the seat next to me indicating her to sit down.

"Hi Ryan." She said, smiling at him and he smiled and waved in return. "Are you two going to the formal together?" She then asked.

"Oh, um I hadn't thought about that yet..."

"Yes, we are." Ryan interrupted me, grabbing my hand across the table.

"Have you got a dress yet?" Rachel asked.

"Nope. Have you?"

"Not yet. We should go shopping to get our dresses!"

"Sure, Rachel, That sounds fun!" I replied.

The bell rung, and I had maths next.

"Let's go to maths! Bye, Ry!" I exclaimed and Rachel and I walked toward the maths rooms as Ryan walked off to P.E.