Chapter Fourteen

Amber's P.O.V

The end credits of '2I Jump Street'   flashed across the screen and Ryan and I sat there laughing.

"That was the best movie!" I said between laughs.

"It truly was!" Ryan replied.

After a minute or two of giggling, Ryan walked off to have a shower.

Once he returned, I decided to take a shower.

I walked upstairs and to Ryan's room where I grabbed my pajamas out of my overnight bag.

I walked into his bathroom and locked the door behind me.

After putting my hair up in a messy bun, I stripped down and walked toward the huge shower.

When I turned the shower on and stepped in,  jets of water shot out at me from every angle.

It is no ordinary shower! It was luxury!

There were jets all along the walls up to my shoulders as well as the big one above my head. It was good, because if i tilted my head back a little bit then my hair wouldn't get wet.

I finished up and got out after about 5 minutes.

I pulled out a huge, white, fluffy towel from the cupboard and wrapped it around my body, enclosing in the heat.

After drying myself, I quickly changed into my pajamas; purple boxer shorts with white spots, and a plain, black singlet.

I walked out of the steamy bathroom and straight into Ryan's room.

Once I reached Ryan's bed, I sat down and picked up my bag from next to it on the floor.

I put away my clothes and got out my hairbrush, and brushed my hair until it was knot-free.

I braided it down my back  so it would be wavy tomorrow, and headed downstairs to our cubby.

I crawled inside to see Ryan playing Call Of Duty: Black Ops.

"COD nerd, are you?" I asked.

He jumped a little, he mustn't of heard me enter the cubby.

"Haha, not really! I suck at it! But it's still fun."

I grabbed the other controller.

"It's on, Ryan Smith." I said with a smirk and raised one eyebrow.

*   *   * 

"There's a lot of zombies in this game." Ryan murmured after he died for the fifth time.

"That's sort of the point. Are you scared?" I joked.

"No. Why would I be scared of some animated zombies trying to kill me and eat me and..." he sighed and shuddered.

"How about we watch a movie?" I asked.

"Sure." Ryan walked over to the huge movie cabinet, closed his eyes and grabbed three random movies.

"Take your pick." He said as he placed them in front of me.

The Princess Diaries Two, Finding Memo, and The Vow.

Don't ask why he has Princess Diaries. I have no idea.

"Can you grab me a drink while I put this in the DVD player?" I said as I held up The Princess Diaries.

He groaned and got up.

"Coke or Juice or water or milk?"

"Coke please."

I put down Princess Diaries Two and placed The Vow into the DVD player.

I grabbed a tissue box and placed it next to me.

After grabbing three tissues in my hand, I knew I was prepared.

When Ryan entered the cubby, I pressed play and took a sip of my drink.

"Thank God it's not Princess Diaries!!" Ryan exclaimed as I snuggled into the doona.

"Ryan, have you seen The Vow before?"

"Nope. Why?"

"Shhh!"

As the sad part in the beginning played, I couldn't help but to let a tear fall down my cheek. Ryan pulled me into his arms and I snuggled into his solid but comfy chest.

By the end of the movie, my whole face was soaked with tears. Ryan stopped it, took the DVD out of the DVD player and pulled me back into his arms, comforting me.

"I've got an idea."

"What?" I wondered.

"MARIO!" He exclaimed with an Italian accent. Like how Mario says in in the video games, "let's play Mario Kart!"

"Sounds great!"

He set it up and passed me a remote.

Ryan decided to be Mario and have the biggest Kart that Mario owns.

I, however, picked Yoshi and the smallest, fastest Kart.

'THREE... TWO... ONE... GO!' The screen read, and we were off.

Ryan and I were constantly overtaking each other, never much of a gap between our karts.

On the last lap, I raced ahead and came First. I beat Ryan by 23 seconds. Pretty good, if you ask me.

We played a few more games, and fell asleep in our cubby at 3:40am.