Chapter Eight

Amber's P.O.V

Science flew by quicker than expected, and before we knew it the bell was ringing for recess 1.

Students rushed out of classes and out to the playground, and Ryan and I walked over to the table I sit at; which is usually just me.

The short recess ended and I had absolutely no motivation to continue the school day.

"Let's go to English!" Ryan said, a smile spread across his face.

I couldn't help but to look into his eyes and smile.

"I have a better idea!" I grabbed him by the arm and dragged him away.

"Where are we going? Our English room is on the other side of the school?" He questioned with a confused look on his face.

We arrived to the school's car park and got in my car. As I was about to drive away, he said, "Where are we going?"

"Have you never wagged school before?"

"Well... no"

"I'm a nerd and even I have!" I laughed.

"Whatever. No, but seriously... what if we get caught?!"

"We wont. Trust me. And anyway, this is the last day of school for the term. They wont mind."

"If you say so..." He didn't sound very convinced.

"What's the worst that could happen?"

Ryan didn't reply, just looked at me and smiled.

"So.. where are we going?" He said after a minute or two.

"Put this over your eyes." I demanded and grabbed my jacket from the seat behind me. 

"But why?"

"Just do it" I said as I threw the jacket toward him.

"Fine!" He put it over his face and tried to tie the arms at the back of his head.

"Need a hand?" I asked.

"Yes please!"

I tied it up for him and smiled... he looked like such an idiot.

"Let's go!" I said excitedly as I drove away.

*  *  *

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Are we there YET?"

"No."

"What about now?"

"No."

"How long left?" Ryan asked.

We had been driving for about 15 minutes and he is already bored. And I just learnt that he is really stubborn.

"About this long" I held up my hand showing about 5 centimetres between my finger and thumb."Yeah, about that long. It looks to be enough!" I teased.

"Huh? How am I meant to see if I have this stupid thing on my head?"

"Well I dont know."

"Well you should know."

"Well I don't know."

"Well shut up."

"Well okay!" I replied and a giggled escaped my lips.

I turned up the radio and Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus came on.

"Oh dear god." I muttered and immediately changed the station.

"Hey!" Ryan exclaimed and attempted to change it back, despite not being able to see.

By the time he found the right button the chorus was just about to start and he yelled loudly;

"I CAME IN LIKE A WRECCCKKKKKIIIIINNNGGGG BALLLLLLLL" and continued yell/singing until the song finished.

"Gosh Ryan, I need these ears you know!"

"Oh I know!" He replied sarcastically with a smirk covering his lips- the only part of his face not hidden behind the blindfold.