Chapter Two

Amber's P.O.V

"Here you go, honey" Mum said as she opened my bedroom door, a tray of food in her hands.

"Thanks" I muttered, not knowing whether she heard me or not.

"It's your favourite!" I looked down to see a plate filled with roast chicken, roasted potatoes and carrots, and gravy poured over the top of everything.

"Yum. Thanks." I said a little louder.

She walked away, closing the door behind her and I could hear her walking down the stairs.

Although my headache had faded to a bearable pain, I told Mum it was bad so that I wouldn't have to talk to my family or eat dinner with them. I just wanted to be alone for a little while.

I picked up my TV remote and pressed the on button. The screen light up and I instantly changed the channel to Two And A Half Men. Laughing sometimes makes me feel better.

I ate half of my dinner and put the rest on my bedside table. Bored of the tv, I grabbed my laptop from the ground next to my bed and unplugged the charger so that it would reach my lap.

After logging into Facebook, the first 23 new posts on my newsfeed were people commenting and liking the video of me and the 'Bus incident' this morning.

Great.

Just great.

Just as I was about to shut my laptop, I got a Friend Request from someone. I clicked on the little icon and the name Ryan Smith came up, with a picture of him smiling, showing his dimples. I clicked Accept and went onto his profile to see if he had anything to do with the video of me.

There was nothing. Nothing about me or the video. But his most recent status caught my eye.

'People really need to stop being such dicks and leave her alone.' As I finished reading it, the status disappeared. He must've delete it. So wait- was that about me? I know it could've been about anyone on the planet but I couldn't help but think it was about me. But why would it be? Ryan is one of the most popular guys in school. It could be anything about anyone.

I sighed and was once again about to shut my laptop... But it quietly dinged as I received a message. I opened my laptop again just time time before the screen went black.

~~

Ryan Smith:

Heeyy :)

~~

I smiled as I typed a reply.

~~

Amber Grey:

Hi... (:

~~

~~

Ryan Smith:

How are you?

~~

~~

Amber Grey:

Alright.. you?

~~

~~

Ryan Smith:

Great now that I'm speaking to you.. :3

~~

After he sent it, he instantly went offline.

Okay then?